Cucumber with jenkins

Vinoth Kannan

Jul 6, 2016, 2:11:42 PM7/6/16
to Cukes
Hi,
I am trying to integrate my cucumber framework with Jenkins..can you please share some useful docs or link through which I can learn it and work on.

I did a Google search but most of them are with ruby rails or building tool ant

But my combinations are Java,cucumber,maven,svn,jenkins..please help..

Thanks in advance.

Thomas Sundberg

Jul 6, 2016, 3:22:39 PM7/6/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

You have the simple setup.

You are running Cucumber from Maven using

mvn test

Create a Jenkins job that does the exact same thing. That is whenever a change is found, execute Maven with at least the test phase. You would probably want to run a later lifecycle phase, such as install.

If you still feel confused, search for running Maven from Jenkins.

HTH
Thomas

Thanks in advance.

---

Thomas Sundberg
M. Sc. in Computer Science

Mobile: +46 70 767 33 15
Blog: http://thomassundberg.wordpress.com/
Twitter: @thomassundberg

Better software through faster feedback

Interested in a BDD Kickstart in Stockholm?
https://cucumber.io/events/bdd-kickstart-stockholm-16

Paolo Ambrosio

Jul 6, 2016, 4:04:58 PM7/6/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:22 PM, Thomas Sundberg <t...@kth.se> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 6 July 2016, Vinoth Kannan <vinothk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to integrate my cucumber framework with Jenkins..can you
>> please share some useful docs or link through which I can learn it and work
>> on.
>>
>> I did a Google search but most of them are with ruby rails or building
>> tool ant
>>
>> But my combinations are Java,cucumber,maven,svn,jenkins..please help..
>>

> Congratulations!
>
> You have the simple setup.
>
> You are running Cucumber from Maven using
>
> mvn test
>
> Create a Jenkins job that does the exact same thing. That is whenever a
> change is found, execute Maven with at least the test phase. You would
> probably want to run a later lifecycle phase, such as install.
>
> If you still feel confused, search for running Maven from Jenkins.

You might want to try the Cucumber Reports Plugin to have a nice
visualization: https://github.com/jenkinsci/cucumber-reports-plugin
Message has been deleted

Vinoth Kannan

Jul 8, 2016, 12:41:43 AM7/8/16
to Cukes
is it possible to integrate the script with Jenkins through Junit unit runner

Matthew

Jul 10, 2016, 5:07:10 PM7/10/16
to Cukes

On Friday, July 8, 2016 at 4:41:43 PM UTC+12, Vinoth Kannan wrote:
is it possible to integrate the script with Jenkins through Junit unit runner

Its a case of working through the layers.  Your cucumber work will be run through JUnit.  Your Junit tests (for acceptance testing) will be run via the Maven Failsafe plugin.  And then your Maven build will be run by Jenkins - either a maven job in Jenkins (the older way I think), or a freestyle job, or the newer (Jenkins 2.0) way via pipeline code.

Does this help?

Cheers,

Matt