Convert from Ruby to cumcumber-JVM

Tim Pizey

Feb 24, 2015, 1:50:52 PM2/24/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com, Trevor Stedman
Hi,

For speed and for coverage through jacoco under sonar I would like to
convert a large body of ruby cucumber tests to cucumber-JVM.

Is this easy/possible?

Is this a well trodden path?

cheers
Tim

--
Tim Pizey - http://pizey.net/~timp

aslak hellesoy

Feb 24, 2015, 1:55:10 PM2/24/15
to Cucumber Users, Trevor Stedman
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Tim Pizey <tim....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

For speed and for coverage through jacoco under sonar I would like to
convert a large body of ruby cucumber tests to cucumber-JVM.

Is this easy/possible?

You don't have to touch the feature files at all. You'll have to re-implement all step definitions to the new JVM language (not sure if you're after Java, Scala, Groovy or something else).

Is this a well trodden path?

Rewriting code in language A to language B? I'd say that's a pretty common scenario. But maybe not in the context of Cucumber.

How complicated it is depends entirely on the complexity of your existing step definitions.

Aslak

cheers
Tim

--
Tim Pizey - http://pizey.net/~timp

---

Selenium Framework

Feb 26, 2015, 1:33:42 AM2/26/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com, Tre...@blinkbox.com
I went through this exercise for GUI based selenium tests. It is NOT that difficult as Aslak mentioned as long you are able to write the code in step definitions in both the languages. I had to convert Ruby selenium code to Java selenium code and now working on converting it into js and python too.
Cucumber feature and scenario files remained almost untouched [One case where it was different was the CAMEL case vs. SNAKE case auto generated step definition snippets]

cheers,

Bill Desjarlais

Jan 22, 2019, 5:43:52 PM1/22/19
to Cukes
May I ask how you converted Selenium Ruby code to Selenium Java?
- Bill