cucumber is not generating index.html report after execution.

Pravesh Prajapati

Sep 10, 2016, 2:10:40 PM9/10/16
to Cukes
Hi Team,
I am executing scenarios in cucumer and tried to create html report but html report is not generating.

my runner class looks like
package runner;

import org.junit.runner.RunWith;

import cucumber.api.CucumberOptions;
import cucumber.api.junit.Cucumber;

@RunWith(Cucumber.class)
@CucumberOptions(
        //format = {},
        features = "features",
        glue = "StepDefinations",
        tags = {"@ToStudydatatable"},
        plugin = {"pretty","html:K:\\selenium training ppt\\Cucumber_Traning\\CucumberTest\\Report\\"}
        )
public class Runner {

}

According to documentation in cucumber
1.cucumber.json
2.formatter.js
3.index.html
4.jquery-1.6.4.min.js
5.report.js
6.style.css
these files should get generated into report folder.

But when i execute the scenario in my case only report.js file appears all other file is not getting generated.

I have tried with cucumber-reporting.jar(V2.6 & 2.7) but issue is still same.
Please help me my other files in report folder is not getting generated.
Thank in advance.

Cheers,
Pravesh P.
onlyreport.png

Björn Rasmusson

Sep 13, 2016, 1:55:56 PM9/13/16
to Cukes
Hi,

I looks like you do not have cucumber-html on the classpath (cucucmber-html-0.2.3.jar). Only report.js is created by the formatter directly, the other files are copied from the cucumber-html jar file.

If you look closely on the console output you probably got warnings like:
"Couldn't find <resource>. Is cucumber-html on your classpath? Make sure you have the right version."

I have tried with cucumber-reporting.jar(V2.6 & 2.7) but issue is still same.

cucumber-reporting has nothing to do with the html formatter of Cucumber-JVM. It is a separate tool that can generated html report from the json formatter output of Cucumber-JVM

Regards
Björn

Pravesh Prajapati

Sep 14, 2016, 9:46:52 AM9/14/16