Puppy Application install issue

Sanjay Hiremath

Aug 13, 2013, 6:08:16 AM8/13/13
to cucumber-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

When I tried to install the puppy application, I am getting error - 'rails' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I extracted the zip to the directory where puppy_test is located
In cmd I set the path to - C:\SanjayWork\Ruby-Project\puppies
and run bundle install
It complained that
C:\SanjayWork\Ruby-Project\puppies>bundle install
Fetching gem metadata from http://rubygems.org/........
Fetching gem metadata from http://rubygems.org/..
Resolving dependencies...
Could not find addressable-2.3.1 in any of the sources

I did a manual install for addressable gem and it installed version 2.3.5

Then I run rails s, then another error -
'rails' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Can anyone please help ?

Many Thanks,
Sanjay

Željko Filipin

Aug 13, 2013, 7:40:46 AM8/13/13
to Sanjay Hiremath, cucumber-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Sanjay Hiremath <skhir...@gmail.com> wrote:
Could not find addressable-2.3.1 in any of the sources

addressable 2.3.1 was yanked:

Where did you clone puppies repository from? Probably just Gemfile or Gemfile.lock should be updated to point to the most recent version of addressable.

Joseph Ours

Aug 13, 2013, 11:18:04 AM8/13/13
to Željko Filipin, Sanjay Hiremath, cucumber-...@googlegroups.com
Agreed, I had the same issue and had to changed my Gemfile.lock to point to version 2.3.2 and it resolved the issue.