Large list of spelling corrections and basic grammar issues

Jesse Riddle

Jul 7, 2016, 12:26:50 AM7/7/16
to Cucumber and Cheese
Spelling and Casing:

Page 15
    *Inevitably*, a defect will show up
    *Repetitive* tasks that must be executed

Page 17
    fraction of the time it takes to write *production* code

Page 18
    and an *XML* file.

Page 20
    should begin *regularly* running the tests
    Using the language of the *business* will not only

Page 23
    After the *extraction* completes*,* return to the command prompt

Page 24
    used to install *UNIX* like tools

Page 26
    sudo at the front of the *preceding* line.

Page 27
    If you wish to use Internet *Explorer*, you have
    Please read this page to get the *latest* details
    If you already have a *preferred* editor or

Page 31
    When you visit this *URL*, you should see

Page 46
    kind of a very high-level *DSL*: we are describing

Page 52
    don't worry about the *gobbledygook* that looks like

Page 54
    It is handy *shorthand* for data-intensive testing

Page 56
    The shopping cart data is stored in an *HTML* table.

Page 57
    web application development practice to create *HTML* elements that do

Page 58
    more complicated when it is *warranted*

Page 59
    It is *OK* if hundreds of tests fail due to a change
    but it is not *OK* if we have to go to multiple places

Page 70
    test suite we are simply *referring* to 'place_holder'

Page 76
    instance variable from a *variety* of paths
    *Luckily* the PageObject gem has a solution

Page 78
    Specifying the *URL* for a page
    Passing a *URL* to the page_url method
    is one way to specify the *URL* for a page
    return a string that is the *URL* for the page
    What can you do if your *URL* is dynamic?
    them used in the page *URL* by using an optional
    in your page *URL* you would simply declare your *URL* like this
    If you need to check what *URL* will be used when you call

Page 80
    We could use *XPath* to locate the button

Page 86
    Use *your* best *judgment* on when you believe it

Page 91
    top level key and *delivers* it to your package
    This is important because it is how *YAML* identifies element

Page 94
    whatever proceeds this *symbol*

Page 103
    First of all, you will go to a *URL* that is the landing page

Page 111
    directory within the Cucumber *directory* structure

Page 113
    describe as something *similar* to a Feature
    and an it as similar to a Scenario

Page 116
    like the base *URL* (which we have)

Page 120
    table with *an* entry in the Adoptions table

Page 123
    I think the last Scenario *satisfies* the C

Page 125
    Create a new file in the *database* directory named adoption_factory.rb

Page 134
    XML is *everywhere* in the enterprise
    find it driving many *application* build systems
    for a team to be *dependent* on a service that is

Page 135
    *Nokogiri* reads and parses the XML from

Page 136
    We'll start by using *XPath* to find all of the
    We would do this by calling the *XPath* method from

Page 137
    The good news is that the *CSS* version
    calls is very *similar*

Page 139
    variable and call the *XPath* method to find the

Page 140
    my solution starting *the* scenario.

Page 144
    We got the *URL* for the WSDL from the

Page 149
    When your *application* makes a call to the
    it will *receive* the JSON response you registered

Page 151
    With the *proliferation* of smart mobile phones

Page 152
    path to the *SDK* directory in the

Page 156
    not place the *APK* and keystore
    to the application *APK* that I would

Page 157
    we did something very similar when we were
    inside of the *APK* file and then repackage
    set the location of the *APK* file

Page 158
    It simply *displays* the 4 list of puppies

Page 160
    we are using the *built-in* Ruby capability

Page 161
    type of "*Australian*" Cattle Dog

Page 165
    Gametel also works *seamlessly* with other gems

Page 168
    renders clean *HTML* and we simply located the
    share information about *their* products on this
    capitalize on this new *audience*
    more interactive and rich *environment*

Page 169
    In the old days of the *monolithic* single page

Page 170
    running locally, you can go to the *URL*

Page 171
    we need to wrap those *declarations* with a call

Page 174
    here so let's *dissect* it and go over it
    The gem is *intercepting* the call to popup

Page 179
    so let's begin to *dissect* what's happening.
    to include the full *URL*
    The looked for ways to make web *applications* seem more

Page 181
    We'll be *selecting* checkboxes and validating the values

Page 186
    how to do this with a *fictitious* framework
    Now *every time* I call the wait_for_ajax method

Page 187
    It will come as no *surprise* to you that there is a

Page 188
    to use the values from the *YAML* file
    nest items to make your *YAML* file more readable

Page 189
    add the configuration for the *Heroku* site
    access to the database of the *Heroku* version
    This file is a *YAML* file that defines things

Page 190
    But how do we add the *Heroku* configuration?
    tests to point at the *Heroku* site we need
    cucumber to use the *Heroku* profile

Page 193
    kick off with each check-in (hopefully more

Page 194
    called the "dreaded integration week"

Page 195
    should not slow *down* all other tests.
    Just have *those* tests run as often as you can

Page 196
    Cucumbers *HTML* format
    Cucumber also has a built-in *HTML* report that
    Cucumber *HTML* Report
    Although Cucumber's *HTML* report is easy
    Instead you *will* have to scroll through the
    differences between the standard *HTML* report and

Page 197
    nicer than Cucumber's standard *HTML* report
    customize the *HTML* output in several ways

Page 198
    with the appropriate *HTML*
    It should be *similar* to the previous
    with either of the *HTML* reports above

Page 199
    when running through the user *interface*
    and to help them make the *right* descisions
    *Luckily* for *you*, there are many things we can do

Page 201
    and the hub *URL* should be set to

Page 203
    version, and host *OS* you get

Page 204
    safari, *phantomjs* or iphone
    underscore followed by the host *OS*
    Currently the following host *OS* values are available
    The host *OS* value is typically used when

Page 206
    offers a nice set of *UI* controls

Page 212
    that there is *a* div that is displayed

Page 213
    included in the file is our *entry point* for the gem

Page 215
    This method is a little more *complicated*
    changes and push them to *GitHub*

Page 216
    git repository and pushed to *GitHub*
    we need to tage the *source code* and push
    will tag the *GitHub* repository with the

Page 221
    Return the *HTML* of the page or any element

Page 223
    except it requires a *Boolean* parameter which

Page 225
    Elements are the items that appear on the *HTML* page

Page 226
    Return the *HTML* for the element

Page 229
    The FileField class adds the following *methods*:

Page 231
    #*Return* the height of the image

Page 241
    *Equivalence*

Page 246
    Post.find(:all, :order => '*column* desc')

Invalid References:

Page 26
    This will install *FOUR* gems that will be used