"cannot load such file -- rspec-expectations (LoadError)" when running making_cheese.feature (Ch 4)

Melyssa Davis

Jun 25, 2014, 9:53:06 PM6/25/14
to cucumber-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all
I'm on p44 of the book and in RubyMine I attempt to run the script: making_cheese.feature however

The test framework quits unexpectedly with error
"cannot load such file -- rspec-expectations (LoadError)
C:/Users/Melyssa/RubymineProjects/test_puppies/features/support/env.rb:1:in `require'"

I do have the rspec-expectations gem installed.
In command prompt I type gem list and see rspec-expectations (3.0.1, 2.14.5)

See screenshot

Not sure what to do next to correct this problem.

Thanks in advance!
canot_load_rspec-expectations.png

Melyssa Davis

Jun 27, 2014, 4:18:07 PM6/27/14
to cucumber-...@googlegroups.com
From Cheezy yesterday:

"There was a change in rspec starting with release 3.0.  You simply need to replace require 'rspec-expectations' with require 'rspec' in the env.rb file.  I released a new version of testgen yesterday that addresses this change."

This fixed my problem. Thanks, Cheezy!

Melyssa