Ethernet & WiFi are not working, doesn't matter which Linux do i use.

Anatoliy Smirnow

May 8, 2020, 6:37:38 AM5/8/20
to Cubieboard
HI all,

i bought your device and i installed almost all OS, Ubuntu, lubuntu, debian, and android. for my work i need to use  Linux, but when im using Linux on this device network doesn't work, if i installed android WiFi works perfectly. please could you tell me how i can sort this problem out? thanks in advance.

To  read log please find attachment.

Thanks in advance.

CubieBoard journal.txt

Anatoliy Smirnow

May 8, 2020, 5:24:42 PM5/8/20
to Robert Moskowitz, cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert, thanks for fast reply.

I've got  Cubieboard 3.  How can i install that on my device, i was trying Fedora and Lubuntu, Ubuntu distributives they all have got the same issue  Ethernet and Wifi not working.

пт, 8 мая 2020 г. в 16:53, Robert Moskowitz <r...@htt-consult.com>:
Which cubie board?  I cannot tell from your capture.

And I really can't help you, as it looks like you are booting from NAND.  I use a mSD card with uboot and have all partitions on a SATA drive.  Plus I only use CentOS or Fedora...

Also I have only used the Cubieboards 2 & 3.  Ethernets always worked well.  WiFi is a real challenge as they have some weird chipset poorly supported.

I would have to dig to find the URL that gives the status of support for Cubie products with various linuxs.

Hopefully someone can help.

Regards
Smirnov Anatolii. 07849 202394

Anatoliy Smirnow

May 10, 2020, 3:31:25 PM5/10/20
to Robert Moskowitz, cubie...@googlegroups.com
i was trying to instal OS  on SD card by berryboot but wifi and ethernet wasn't working there. so i have no idea to be honest  what to do.

сб, 9 мая 2020 г. в 00:06, Robert Moskowitz <r...@htt-consult.com>:
It has been a while since I grabbed the Fedora image to install.

What media are you putting it on?  NAND, mSD, or SATA?

I looked and I did have Fedora 30 working.

I am assuming you have a UART- USB adapter and connected to console with some app?

I am getting ready to shutdown until Saturday night EDT.

Check out what I have done with the Cubietruck at:

http://www.htt-consult.com/arm.html