Can DC & USB OTG be plugged in at the same time?

Jan Zumwalt

Jun 25, 2015, 4:06:37 AM6/25/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Can the DC power & USB OTG be plugged in at the same time to power the board?

Leonardo

Jun 25, 2015, 8:57:41 AM6/25/15
to cubieboard

Yes. The DC input will power the board.

Em 25/06/2015 05:06, "Jan Zumwalt" <jwzu...@gmail.com> escreveu:
Can the DC power & USB OTG be plugged in at the same time to power the board?

Jan Zumwalt

Jun 25, 2015, 6:15:26 PM6/25/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
My question is can both the DC and OTG be plugged in at the same time?
Thx

Leonardo

Jun 25, 2015, 6:16:38 PM6/25/15
to cubieboard
Yes. Both can be plugged, but only DC will power the board.

George Ioakimedes

Jun 26, 2015, 9:09:20 AM6/26/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Soory, but I HIGHLY recommend that you DON'T connect both DC and OTG. Both of these power sources merge onto the same bus on the board and you will never have the same voltage from DC and OTG. If the board had an ORing circuit this would be OK as only one source would provide power but in this design (to save cost) both sources can feed the 5V rail at the same time.

Leonardo

Jun 26, 2015, 9:25:30 AM6/26/15
to cubieboard
Well, I've answered it based on the power management unit's datasheet, but I see you're considering some circuit designing features I'm not aware of. So, please, disregard my messages.