Analog Audio - not working

Prabu N

Apr 11, 2013, 1:24:58 AM4/11/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, vasu devan
Dear All,

We are using Cubie board with Android.  Analog Audio output is not working.

Can anyone help us?

Our board detail

Model Number : cubieboard
Android version:4.0.4
Baseband Version:1.4
Kernel version: 3.0.8 build@ubt#1
Mon Nov 26 14:00:14 cst 2012
Build number:
box_cb-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 4.0 TEST-KEYS

Thanks
Prabu.N

Stefan Boller

Apr 11, 2013, 6:41:39 AM4/11/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, vasu devan
you can´t.

the default android is sending sound over HDMI.

Simos Xenitellis

Apr 11, 2013, 9:10:53 AM4/11/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Stefan Boller <bigw...@googlemail.com> wrote:
you can´t.

the default android is sending sound over HDMI

Most TVs have a HP jack at the back, thus one can connect the headset there.

Simos

Tom Cubie

Apr 11, 2013, 9:20:49 AM4/11/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Go to Setting->Sound->Sound output mode, chosse sun4i codec, audio
output to headphone. Nobody found that?

> Thanks
> Prabu.N
>
> --

Keep simple, stay foolish.

George Ioakimedes

Apr 11, 2013, 10:43:21 AM4/11/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm what Tom has said does in fact work. I have also noticed on some builds that IF a HDMI cable is plugged in the analog audio does not work so that could be the issue here if they have already changed the sound source.

Stefan Boller

Apr 12, 2013, 3:44:03 AM4/12/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
all available android versions? include the stock one?

Silverio Diquigiovanni

Apr 12, 2013, 5:08:35 AM4/12/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, vasu devan
I'm using the http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/sources/cubieboard_opentv.tar.gz and audio sound working very fine (from jack output).
Usually you have only to define the output source in Android settings (default is HDMI).

For my uses, I've attached a LVDS display instead of HDMI, I've modified a little SystemServer.java so it goes always like CODEC...

        Log.d(TAG, "active the saved audio channels " + audioOutputChannels);
//        if(displayManager.getDisplayOutputType(0) == DisplayManager.DISPLAY_OUTPUT_TYPE_HDMI){
//          if(!audioOutputChannels.contains(AudioManager.AUDIO_NAME_SPDIF) &&
//            !audioOutputChannels.contains(AudioManager.AUDIO_NAME_HDMI)){
//            audioOutputChannels.clear();
//            audioOutputChannels.add(AudioManager.AUDIO_NAME_HDMI);
//          }
//        }else{
          if(!audioOutputChannels.contains(AudioManager.AUDIO_NAME_SPDIF) &&
            !audioOutputChannels.contains(AudioManager.AUDIO_NAME_CODEC)){
            audioOutputChannels.clear();
            audioOutputChannels.add(AudioManager.AUDIO_NAME_CODEC);

//          }
        }

vasu devan

Apr 14, 2013, 12:51:36 PM4/14/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Tom. Its working now.
Vasu

vasu devan

Apr 25, 2013, 4:17:04 AM4/25/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Go to Setting->Sound->Sound output mode, chosse sun4i codec, audio
output to headphone. Nobody found that?

Yes its working. But when we reboot the cubieboard , then HDMI output is only working. Rest settings are cleared .We want audio output from HP jack as default even after rebooting. Please help us.

Vasu

Pedro da Graça

Jan 17, 2014, 4:56:59 AM1/17/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Vasu, did you ever get the cubieboard to reboot with the audio output from HP to be the default?

vasu devan

Jul 3, 2015, 1:58:02 AM7/3/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
No , still we are facing this issue. We need audioCodec should as default even though HDMI is connected during reboot. Anyone have the solution pls help us.
Vasu