Fedora 23 available for Cubieboards

Robert Moskowitz

Nov 11, 2015, 8:51:30 AM11/11/15
to Cubieboard
Fedora 23 has shipped. It works on both the Cubieboard2 and Cubietruck.

See here for general and installation instructions:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM

The images are at:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/23/Images/armhfp/

I personally use the Xfce image.

WiFi, Bluetooth, and audio on the Cubietruck still not available.
Patches SHOULD move upstream and soon be in Rawhide.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/tasks?state=all&view=tree&method=appliance&order=-id

You can just put the uboot on a mSD card (cheapest you can find), and
put the partitions on the sata drive and F23 just boots up off the sata.

Don't try and put the uboot on nand. That is still a work in progress.
May 'see it soon'.

Matias De lellis

Dec 15, 2015, 9:59:21 PM12/15/15
to Cubieboard
Hi Robert,
You can do a more complete description of how to install on sata?

In the sata disk i create a swap and an ext4 partition, but i dont know how to copy the correct data, or how to configure uboot to bot with it.

Thank you!!

Robert Moskowitz

Dec 17, 2015, 5:13:27 PM12/17/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
It is really very simple.

Run the fedora-installer script onto a mSD card.  Then use fdisk or parted (or gparted) to remove ALL 3 partitions.  You can do this on any 'cheap' 4Gb mSD card.  It is important that NO partitions are on this card.  Then installer pushed the uboot onto the card.

Now run the installer onto your HD (use a USB/sata adapter).  I then use gparted to move the / partition over, so I can then enlarge the swap partition (this may be optional for you if you are happy with a 512Mb swap) and further use gparted to resize the / partition to the max for the HD.  There are other tools for moving and resizing partitions, but I am lazy and use gparted.

Now insert the mSD card and attach the HD and boot.

That simple.