Hadoop or Beowulf cluster on Cubieboard?

Nate P

Nov 28, 2013, 4:56:52 PM11/28/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so I have recently purchased a few Cubieboards. I have 3 Cubieboad A10's and 1 Cubieboard A20. They all have Lubuntu on them. I was wondering if anyone has any info/documentation on how to setup a hadoop cluster using these boards. I have quite a bit of linux experience, so all I would need is some basic instructions. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, unrelated question, but how is cubie suposed to be pronounced?

like Cub-y
or like
cube-y

Craig Hastie

Nov 28, 2013, 6:33:24 PM11/28/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Cant help with the cluster but I've always thought of it as the later cube-y
Craig

Patrick Wood

Nov 28, 2013, 10:36:45 PM11/28/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Cui Acuña

Sep 17, 2015, 10:59:14 PM9/17/15
to Cubieboard
I think Hadoop is for distributed file system and pre-processing of big data. Beowulf is more for parallel computing, so if you want to make a cluster for rendering locally. Hadoop is more for managing large amounts of data in computers distributed in nodes not in the same location.