Cubieboard4 A80

e arabacı

Sep 30, 2015, 8:42:08 PM9/30/15
to Cubieboard
hi

İ bought cubieboar4 from R0ck.me , several times i tried to use cubieboar4 ,Normally cubieboard works but when the cubieboar4 is working if i plug extranal hdd or any usb thing the cubieboard suddenly shut down. And the CPU little bit heats up. All of my external devices are normal.

What is the problem ?

İ attechted video. PLease check it.

Best Regards.

Matthias Bock

Oct 1, 2015, 6:51:15 AM10/1/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like you are not supplying enough power.
Try attaching an external power supply to
your hard disk before connecting it to the board.
For problems with other USB devices, buy
a stronger power supply for your cubieboard.

Best, Matthias

EVREN ARABACI

Oct 1, 2015, 7:48:18 AM10/1/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Hi thanks you for idea .
Now I use 5v5a powersupply  I gauged voltage by multimeter when the cubieboard was working, optimum voltage 5.12 and cubieboard4 is working with hdd on all of user`s video . They are use plastic case power supply.

What is the wrong things for me ?

Best regards.

Matthias Bock

Oct 1, 2015, 11:29:27 AM10/1/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I still believe, it's a power problem.
A 5A power supply should be sufficient in general,
however short periods of high power uptake
(like the startup of a hard disk motor)
can still cause supply voltage drops,
which cause a system reset.

Try powering your hard disk externally.
Or increase the power buffer capacitors
on the board (by soldering bigger ones).

Best, Matthias

EVREN ARABACI

Oct 1, 2015, 11:41:55 AM10/1/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Ok i will try immadiately.

Kind regards

EVREN ARABACI

Oct 4, 2015, 5:09:33 PM10/4/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hil All

Please check videos about this board "cubieboard4". its  about 2 weeks passed. i can't use it since i bought it.

it is on box now. I lost my enthusiasm.

Best Regards.

​​
​​

Matthias Bock

Oct 5, 2015, 5:24:16 AM10/5/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

So your Cubieboard generally works, but shuts down
whenever you attach USB devices, correct?

Does this apply also for "normal" USB memory sticks?
Or only for "heavier" equipment, like the external hard disk?

Best, Matthias

EVREN ARABACI

Oct 5, 2015, 7:32:25 AM10/5/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Hi
Please check my videos again. Because i plug only usb mause dongel. No more things.

When i use it Every stuations are same.

Best regards.

Michal Suchanek

Oct 5, 2015, 7:36:56 AM10/5/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Then check that plugging in the dongle does not cause short circuit in
one way or another. It ShouldNotHappen(tm) but if your board powers
down when you attach *any* usb device it possibly does.

Preferably check with the board unpowered.

HTH

Michal
> "Cubieboard" group.

Matthias Bock

Oct 5, 2015, 7:39:04 AM10/5/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Sounds like a defect to me.
Do you have warranty ?

Otherwise you can send a sharp, high-resolution foto
from the top and bottom side of your board, then
it's possible to check for visible damage.
Especially interesting is the area around
the USB ports. Maybe some capacitor is not
soldered properly.

Just to clarify:
Does the device stay off, when USB devices
are plugged or does it reboot?

Best, Matthias

EVREN ARABACI

Oct 5, 2015, 8:25:45 AM10/5/15
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Hi thanks your reply .

  Normally i use it if i do nothing :)
But when i open test program or games, board shuts down. You can see the example videos.
When i open it i gauge by mutimeter volt and ampers.  I set the voltage as 5.5 v so that i doesnt close . That even though it shuts down.

Best regards.