Cubieboard1(A10) porting to cm-10.1(android 4.2.2)

Ji Yonggang

Jan 26, 2014, 4:53:57 AM1/26/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I porting the old cubieboard(A10) to CyanogenMod 10.1(android 4.2.2 based),
now it can make XBMC decoding with libstagefright hardware acceleration.

Source code available at github:
https://github.com/jungleji/android_device_softwinner_cubieboard1

I also made an sdcard tar ball that can be written to TF card and boot to android.

This tar ball uploaded to pan.baidu.com:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c0zOges

md5sum: f24ba53cfa70a35375884874e3f77499

--
Jungle

Gabor Molnar

Jan 26, 2014, 5:13:34 PM1/26/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hhi Jungle,

First of all thank you that god news!
Can you tell me something more about the playable video file types and resolutions?
What did you testing yet?

2014-01-26 Ji Yonggang <jung...@gmail.com>

Gabor Molnar

Jan 26, 2014, 5:37:03 PM1/26/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jungle,

Sorry, but I can't download from Baidu.
When I try to download, I have got a link to Baidu commander.
But that installer only chinese. I can't read that.
Can you upload some other place, or if you send the tar ball by Wetransfer I will be very appreciated :-)

2014-01-26 Ji Yonggang <jung...@gmail.com>

Ji Yonggang

Jan 26, 2014, 8:49:19 PM1/26/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Sun, 26 Jan 2014 23:13:34 +0100,
Gabor Molnar <gmil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hhi Jungle,
>
> First of all thank you that god news!
> Can you tell me something more about the playable video file types and
> resolutions?

I've only test 720P videos.

> What did you testing yet?

I downloaded the samples from this site:

http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

The 6Mbps planet video played on XBMC:

http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/h264_720p_hp_5.1_6mbps_ac3_unstyled_subs_planet.mkv

Ji Yonggang

Jan 26, 2014, 8:53:37 PM1/26/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, Gabor Molnar
At Sun, 26 Jan 2014 23:37:03 +0100,
Gabor Molnar <gmil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jungle,
>
> Sorry, but I can't download from Baidu.
> When I try to download, I have got a link to Baidu commander.
> But that installer only chinese. I can't read that.
> Can you upload some other place, or if you send the tar ball by
> Wetransfer<https://www.wetransfer.com/> I
> will be very appreciated :-)

I just transferred it with Wetransfer to your mail address, did you receive it?

Indypan Pan

Feb 23, 2014, 7:52:18 AM2/23/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jungle,

Does this rom support USB Bluetooth dongle? If not, would you add the BT dongle support and rebuild it?

Thnaks.

Jungle Ji於 2014年1月26日星期日UTC+8下午5時53分57秒寫道:

maruprez

Feb 24, 2014, 9:28:21 AM2/24/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jungle,

Thank you so much !!!.

I too will appreciate if your tarball supports BT.

Thanks.

Ji Yonggang

Feb 25, 2014, 10:12:21 PM2/25/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
At Sun, 23 Feb 2014 04:52:18 -0800 (PST),
Indypan Pan <ind...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jungle,
>
> Does this rom support USB Bluetooth dongle?

I don't known. Because I didn't test it with such devices.

> If not, would you add the BT dongle support and rebuild it?

Which model of USB Bluetooth dongle do you have?
I will find a similar one and support it.

If you test it, could you send the ttl and logcat logs to me?

--
Jungle

Indypan Pan

Feb 27, 2014, 8:46:19 PM2/27/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jungle,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I am not sure about the module of my  BT dongle.
It shows "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" in Windows 7.

regards,

Jungle Ji於 2014年2月26日星期三UTC+8上午11時12分21秒寫道:

Ji Yonggang

Feb 28, 2014, 4:28:40 AM2/28/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
At Thu, 27 Feb 2014 17:46:19 -0800 (PST),
Indypan Pan <ind...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I am not sure about the module of my BT dongle.
> It shows "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" in Windows 7.

I found a cheap model sold in Cubieboard shop at taobao.com:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=26888748759

The introduction said it works with cubieboard2.
Following the link I found it uses RTL8723a chip.

And a good news is there is a driver source code on github:

https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723au_bt

So, I will buy one and start to port it to A10 cubieboard.

--
Jungle

arieedzig

Mar 5, 2014, 6:07:20 AM3/5/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jungle,

Where did you get the kernel source and config?
I would like to compile a module for my usb wifi.
my usb wifi is Belkin F7D1101 that works with r8712u.ko module from staging or RTL8192SU driver from the realtek website.

Thanks

ariee

Ji Yonggang

Mar 5, 2014, 11:17:56 PM3/5/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
At Wed, 5 Mar 2014 03:07:20 -0800 (PST),
arieedzig <arie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jungle,
>
> Where did you get the kernel source and config?

The kernel I used is from https://github.com/matson-hall/linux-sunxi,
branch is jb-cubieboard, version 3.0.52.

defconfig locate in:
arch/arm/configs/cubieboard_defconfig

> I would like to compile a module for my usb wifi.
> my usb wifi is Belkin F7D1101 that works with r8712u.ko module from staging
> or RTL8192SU driver from the realtek website<http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=21&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true>

I downloaded the 8912cu sdk from this page too.
Realtek_Wi-Fi_SDK_for_Android_JB_4_2.pdf in the sdk is a good start.

--
Jungle

arieedzig

Mar 6, 2014, 4:53:51 AM3/6/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thank you very much.
I'll try to compile the driver.

Regards,

Ariee

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Mar 6, 2014, 9:35:49 AM3/6/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Would somebody please give me another link for downloading the SDCard one?
I have problem with Chinese.
Thanks.

Ji Yonggang

Mar 6, 2014, 10:42:18 PM3/6/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
At Thu, 6 Mar 2014 18:05:49 +0330,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Would somebody please give me another link for downloading the SDCard one?
> I have problem with Chinese.
> Thanks.

I uploaded it to google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87fQlyfrPsrSUg4anZsV3htZkE

--
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Mar 7, 2014, 10:33:44 AM3/7/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Ji Yonggang.
I have a question which i searched a lot but not a good answer.
How we can compile our custom android kernel and how to change it with the old one?
Is there any difference between linux and android kernel in terms of repository or the commands?
Should i use repacker software for substituation of kernel?
Thanks again.

--
Jungle

Ji Yonggang

Mar 8, 2014, 5:10:23 AM3/8/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
At Fri, 7 Mar 2014 19:03:44 +0330,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Ji Yonggang.
> I have a question which i searched a lot but not a good answer.
> How we can compile our custom android kernel and how to change it with the
> old one?

linux-sunxi has a document described how to compile kernel:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_Kernel#Compilation

If you want to customize the kernel in this tar ball,
an easy and avoiding mistake way is to fetch whole cubieboard android source
that include the kernel I used.

It can be get under 'Instruction to build jellybean for cubieboard' from
https://github.com/cubieboard/manifests

After building image, we will find kernel .config file in
out/target/product/cubieboard/obj/KERNEL_OBJ

Based on this .config we can run `make menuconfig` to change kernel config.

> Is there any difference between linux and android kernel in terms of
> repository or the commands?

They share same repository. Android has extra androidization configs like:

CONFIG_ASHMEM=y
CONFIG_ANDROID=y
CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC=y
CONFIG_ANDROID_LOGGER=y
CONFIG_ANDROID_RAM_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_ANDROID_LOW_MEMORY_KILLER=y

> Should i use repacker software for substituation of kernel?

You can directly replace the old kernel in the boot folder.

This kernel image is u-boot type, a mkimage command from u-boot
can be used to convert zImage kernel to uImage.

Regards,
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Mar 9, 2014, 3:13:26 AM3/9/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your useful information.
Is there the possibility to add "8188eu"support?
Is there the possibility to make SDCard tarball for cubieboard_opentv.tar.gz?
Would you please tell me what are the difference between "mirror/android-3.4" and "sunxi-3.4"?Can both of them be used for building android kernel?
Best regards.

Jungle

Ji Yonggang

Mar 9, 2014, 7:07:02 AM3/9/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Sun, 9 Mar 2014 10:43:26 +0330,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your useful information.
> Is there the possibility to add "8188eu"support?

Yes.
Rtl8188eu driver include in cubieboard2-sdk at lichee/linux-3.3/drivers/net/wireless/rtl8188eu
After compile an 8188eu.ko, you also need modify android device/softwinner/cubieboard/BoardConfig to load it.

> Is there the possibility to make SDCard tarball for
> cubieboard_opentv.tar.gz<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.cubieboard.org%2Fsoftware%2Fsources%2Fcubieboard_opentv.tar.gz&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFvnl9mSChjcCbHtqwWOnQsXYuQSQ>
> ?

Yes, reference this page:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Boot_Android_from_SdCard

> Would you please tell me what are the difference between "mirror/android-3.4"
> and "sunxi-3.4"?Can both of them be used for building android kernel?

mirror/android-3.4 from google, sunxi-3.4 is maintained by linux-sunxi to support AllWinner soc chips.
If you want kernel running on cubieboard, select sunxi-3.4.

Ji Yonggang

Mar 13, 2014, 11:22:48 AM3/13/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, Indypan Pan, maruprez
Hi,
At Mon, 24 Feb 2014 06:28:21 -0800 (PST),
maruprez <maru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jungle,
>
> Thank you so much !!!.
>
> I too will appreciate if your tarball supports BT.

I update it with USB bluetooth dongle support:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87fQlyfrPsrb1FVR0tHekRUeVE

I got two type dongle:

BCM2046 chip works well.
CSR chip can transfer file but has pair problem.

Source code for this bluetooth patches upload to github:

https://github.com/jungleji/android_device_common
https://github.com/jungleji/android_external_bluetooth_bluedroid
https://github.com/jungleji/android_device_softwinner_cubieboard1

--
Jungle

MeleTest

Mar 26, 2014, 5:03:06 PM3/26/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, Indypan Pan, maruprez
Hi Jungle,
Thank you for this great work. I have tried it on my mele a1000 and it works well, except for IR remote. This functionality is provided by the "sun4i-ir.ko" module which is missing. I tried to add it from a compatibility zip file, changed the vermagic number to match the kernel (from 3.0.8+ to 3.0.52+) but nothing appended.
Can you please make a support for such device ?

Ji Yonggang

Mar 27, 2014, 12:32:03 AM3/27/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:03:06 -0700 (PDT),
Hi,
MeleTest <baso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jungle,
> Thank you for this great work. I have tried it on my mele a1000 and it
> works well, except for IR remote. This functionality is provided by the
> "sun4i-ir.ko" module which is missing.

It is not missing, it is compiled in kernel.

You can check it with getevent command:

$ adb shell getevent

add device 3: /dev/input/event1
name: "sun4i-ir"

To support your ir controller, you may need modify sun4i-ir.kl file under
/system/usr/keylayout directory.

Regards,
Jungle

MeleTest

Mar 28, 2014, 1:52:11 PM3/28/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Tanks for your reply. Effectively, the module is loaded. I have changed the sun4i-ir.kl the the original from mele's firmware, but nothing appends. For exemple, when I press the "RIGHT" key of the remote, I have the following in getevent :
#> adb shell getevent
add device 1: /dev/input/event1
  name:     "sun4i-ir"
add device 2: /dev/input/event0
  name:     "sun4i-keyboard"
could not get driver version for /dev/input/mice, Not a typewriter
add device 3: /dev/input/event2
  name:     "axp20-supplyer"
/dev/input/event1: 0001 000e 00000001
/dev/input/event1: 0000 0000 00000000
/dev/input/event1: 0001 000e 00000000
/dev/input/event1: 0000 0000 00000000

In the sun4i-ir.kl file I have this line for that Key:
key 14   DPAD_RIGHT         WAKE_DROPPED

Thank for your help
Regards

Ji Yonggang

Mar 29, 2014, 8:50:31 AM3/29/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:52:11 -0700 (PDT),
MeleTest <baso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le jeudi 27 mars 2014 05:32:03 UTC+1, Ji Yonggang a écrit :
> >
> > At Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:03:06 -0700 (PDT),
> > Hi,
Did you get more logs when press other key? For example, press "UP":

/dev/input/event1: 0001 000f 00000001
/dev/input/event1: 0000 0000 00000000

If you get such log, you can add or modify key code '000f' in third column
to sun4i-ir.kl:

Key 15 DPAD_UP WAKE_DROPPED

Regards,
Jungle

MeleTest

Mar 30, 2014, 11:45:48 AM3/30/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
 Ok. I will try it and will tell you if I made somme progress.
Thank you very much

Jorge Gonçalves

Apr 8, 2014, 10:54:42 AM4/8/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ji!

Are you still working on this ?
If you need to recompile the kernel, could you please include the zd1211rw wifi driver?
Many thanks!

Ji YongGang

Apr 10, 2014, 12:15:31 AM4/10/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,

Hi Ji!

Are you still working on this ?
If you need to recompile the kernel, could you please include the zd1211rw wifi driver?
Many thanks!

I am not sure it will work with loaded kernel module for this device, because the wpa_supplicant_8
in this image is patched by realtek.

The recompiled kernel 3.0.52 with zd1211rw module, can be download it from:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87fQlyfrPsreXQ0bWtfcEFla2M

I also made a updated cubieboard1-cm-10.1 image with 3.0.101 kernel, it is available at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87fQlyfrPsrdG5MZE1GbW05R1E

MD5 (cb1-kernel-3.0.52-with-zd1211rw.tar.gz) = d547e98f0439c92f8519b5c403c9e4d6
MD5 (cubieboard1-cm-10.1-20140410.tar.gz) = 9c69352b7b74814e1aba8fd8d3a52025

Best regards,
Jungle

Jorge Gonçalves

Apr 11, 2014, 10:30:27 PM4/11/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Thank you very much!

I will try your new image, but for the moment I dont't have a 4Gb sd card available... humm... will it work if I try flash to a 2Gb sd card??

Ji YongGang

Apr 12, 2014, 9:46:27 PM4/12/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,

Thank you very much!

I will try your new image, but for the moment I dont't have a 4Gb sd card available... humm... will it work if I try flash to a 2Gb sd card??

You can reduce partition size to fit your sd card.

There is a mk-sdcard.sh script in the tarball, in format_sdcard function,
modify system or data partition sfdisk parameters:

17,16,c
,36,83
,500,83 # system
,,5
,1000,83 # data
,16,83
,36,83
,125,83
,16,83
,,c

Best regards,
Jungle

Jorge Gonçalves

Apr 15, 2014, 2:11:03 AM4/15/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the tip, it worked ok, I was able to install your image on a 2Gb sdcard.

But I have 2 problems...
- I cannot get a tablet UI so that I can get home and back buttons
- I cannot get root to work, and so I was not able to insmod the zd1211rw driver

Jorge

Ji Yonggang

Apr 15, 2014, 5:44:43 AM4/15/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Mon, 14 Apr 2014 23:11:03 -0700 (PDT),
Jorge Gonçalves <jmg.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip, it worked ok, I was able to install your image on a 2Gb
> sdcard.
>
> But I have 2 problems...
> - I cannot get a tablet UI so that I can get home and back buttons

If you use the TvdLauncher, there is no buttons bar at bottom,
but you can click right mouse button back to home screen.

> - I cannot get root to work, and so I was not able to insmod the zd1211rw
> driver

Check the /default.prop file, it should has following values:

ro.adb.secure=0
ro.secure=0

Best regards,
Jungle

Jorge Gonçalves

Apr 15, 2014, 7:43:26 AM4/15/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

Yes, the /default.prop file has that two permissions, still no root!
And, with Trebuchet or TvdLauncher, it is always the Phone UI, not tablet UI.

Any ideas?
Jorge

Ji Yonggang

Apr 15, 2014, 11:42:50 AM4/15/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
At Tue, 15 Apr 2014 04:43:26 -0700 (PDT),
Jorge Gonçalves <jmg.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Yes, the /default.prop file has that two permissions, still no root!
> And, with Trebuchet or TvdLauncher, it is always the Phone UI, not tablet
> UI.
>
> Any ideas?
> Jorge

I misunderstood before. In this image, it only has Phablet UI.

For root problem, can you check again with:

$ adb shell getprop | grep secure

Best regards,
Jungle

Jorge Gonçalves

Apr 16, 2014, 12:27:36 PM4/16/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

I cannot do adb:

#   adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device offline

Maybe I need some configuration? (I'm using Debian Wheezy)

Another question
-> the zd1211 driver needs some firmware files, can I use the same ones from Linux??
And, where should I put them in Android??

Finally, do you think you can make a version with Tablet UI, with the soft buttons and the sound +/- control?

Thank you for your help!
Jorge.

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:42:50 PM UTC-3, Ji Yonggang wrote:
Hi,

Ji Yonggang

Apr 17, 2014, 1:23:14 AM4/17/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,
At Wed, 16 Apr 2014 09:27:36 -0700 (PDT),
Jorge Gonçalves <jmg.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I cannot do adb:
>
> # adb shell
> * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
> * daemon started successfully *
> error: device offline
>
> Maybe I need some configuration? (I'm using Debian Wheezy)

Which version of your adb is? Android 4.2.2 need adb version 1.0.31.

> Another question
> -> the zd1211 driver needs some firmware files, can I use the same ones
> from Linux??

Yes.

> And, where should I put them in Android??

Android defines some firmware location:

#define FIRMWARE_DIR1 "/etc/firmware"
#define FIRMWARE_DIR2 "/vendor/firmware"
#define FIRMWARE_DIR3 "/firmware/image"

> Finally, do you think you can make a version with Tablet UI, with the soft
> buttons and the sound +/- control?

OK, I'll search Tablet UI patch for CM 10.1.

> Thank you for your help!
> Jorge.

Best regards,
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Apr 19, 2014, 4:51:19 AM4/19/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
I'm trying to install awutils but the following error occurs:
cc  -Wall -o awflash awflash.c -lusb
awflash.c:23:17: fatal error: usb.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [awflash] Error 1
After using the "apt-get install libusb-dev" again the following error:
cc  -Wall -o awflash awflash.c -lusb
awflash.c:115:10: error: unknown type name ‘libusb_device_handle’
awflash.c:178:13: error: unknown type name ‘libusb_device_handle’
awflash.c:315:20: error: unknown type name ‘libusb_device_handle’
awflash.c: In function ‘main’:
awflash.c:338:2: error: unknown type name ‘libusb_device_handle’
awflash.c:374:11: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
awflash.c:379:2: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘usb_set_configuration’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
/usr/include/usb.h:309:5: note: expected ‘struct usb_dev_handle *’ but argument is of type ‘int *’
awflash.c:383:2: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘usb_claim_interface’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
/usr/include/usb.h:310:5: note: expected ‘struct usb_dev_handle *’ but argument is of type ‘int *’
awflash.c:387:2: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘usb_set_altinterface’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
/usr/include/usb.h:312:5: note: expected ‘struct usb_dev_handle *’ but argument is of type ‘int *’
awflash.c:392:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘aw_get_version’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
awflash.c:396:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘fex_command’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
awflash.c:413:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘fex_write_file’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
awflash.c:423:20: error: ‘AWL_FEL_1_EXEC’ undeclared (first use in this function)
awflash.c:423:20: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make: *** [awflash] Error 1
Any suggestion?

Best regards,
Jungle

MeleTest

Apr 24, 2014, 4:17:27 PM4/24/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Le dimanche 26 janvier 2014 10:53:57 UTC+1, Ji Yonggang a écrit :
Hi,

I porting the old cubieboard(A10) to CyanogenMod 10.1(android 4.2.2 based),
now it can make XBMC decoding with libstagefright hardware acceleration.

Source code available at github:
https://github.com/jungleji/android_device_softwinner_cubieboard1

I also made an sdcard tar ball that can be written to TF card and boot to android.

This tar ball uploaded to pan.baidu.com:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c0zOges

md5sum: f24ba53cfa70a35375884874e3f77499

--
Jungle

HI Jungle,
Do you have a nand installable version, or can you provide a boot.img I can use to flash my device. I found the sdcard responsive and quite stable, so I would like to try Nand version.
Regards/

Ji Yonggang

Apr 27, 2014, 11:58:22 PM4/27/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:21:19 +0430,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> I'm trying to install awutils but the following error occurs:
> cc -Wall -o awflash awflash.c -lusb
> awflash.c:23:17: fatal error: usb.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make: *** [awflash] Error 1
> Any suggestion?

Same here, README said awflash is work in progress.
But awimage works.

Best Regards,
Jungle

Ji Yonggang

Apr 28, 2014, 1:01:18 AM4/28/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
At Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:17:27 -0700 (PDT),
MeleTest <baso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI Jungle,
> Do you have a nand installable version, or can you provide a boot.img I can
> use to flash my device. I found the sdcard responsive and quite stable, so
> I would like to try Nand version.
> Regards/

Sorry, I didn't make a nand version for this porting.
Because the u-boot-sunxi 2014-rc1 I used does not support nand boot.

I just upload a boot.img to google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87fQlyfrPsrUHFSRkROU0FSZDg

The kernel type is uImage.

Best Regards,
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Apr 29, 2014, 1:01:10 AM4/29/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ji,
Thanks for your helps.
Would you please tell me how to change "uImage" to "kernel" in order to change it in out folder?

Ji Yonggang

Apr 29, 2014, 10:32:42 PM4/29/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:31:10 +0430,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ji,
> Thanks for your helps.
> Would you please tell me how to change "uImage" to "kernel" in order to
> change it in out folder?

uImage is converted from zImage(kernel) with mkimage command,
you can convert it back with dd command:

$ dd if=uImage bs=64 skip=1 of=kernel

Best regards,
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Apr 30, 2014, 2:09:58 AM4/30/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the great information.

Best regards,
Jungle

MeleTest

May 4, 2014, 8:44:53 AM5/4/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Jungle. Hope nand support will be soon available. Your job is great!
Bests Regards

Ji Yonggang

May 21, 2014, 4:43:05 AM5/21/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
At Sun, 4 May 2014 05:44:53 -0700 (PDT),
I made an nand image with old version u-boot(2011.09).

It can be downloaded from:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87fQlyfrPsrckxZalhwS3QzRUU

You can create it by yourself also, building steps list here:

https://github.com/jungleji/android_device_softwinner_cubieboard1

Best Regards,
Jungle

Gabor Molnar

May 21, 2014, 4:52:23 AM5/21/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jungle!
Are there any news about FHD video playing performance improvements?
Best regards,

GMiller

Ji Yonggang

May 21, 2014, 11:36:47 AM5/21/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi GMiller,
At Wed, 21 May 2014 10:52:23 +0200,
Gabor Molnar wrote:

> Thank you Jungle!
> Are there any news about FHD video playing performance improvements?

No progress yet for that :(

Best Regards,
Jungle
Message has been deleted

MeleTest

May 21, 2014, 3:32:13 PM5/21/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

 Thank you very much. I have downloaded it and will try it  next weekend.
Bests regards

Pacopad

May 28, 2014, 1:38:54 AM5/28/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jungle,

I compiled an 4.2.2 Android for my CB2 but i dont think libstagefright is activated.

Did you made something special to add libstagefright support ?

Best regards
Pacopad

Ji Yonggang

May 28, 2014, 3:23:49 AM5/28/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pacopad,

At Tue, 27 May 2014 22:38:54 -0700 (PDT),
Pacopad <pas...@oceanet.com> wrote:

> Hi Jungle,
>
> I compiled an 4.2.2 Android for my CB2 but i dont think libstagefright is
> activated.

After compiled, did you get libstagefrighthw.so and put it to /system/lib/ ?

The source code of libstagefrighthw is located at A20 SDK's android42/hardware/aw directory,
I use the same one to work on A10 cubieboard.

There are other important components in hardware/aw to support decoder, include libOmxCore.so, libOmxVdec.so.

When run XBMC and play a video, I got logcat messages to indicate this library is activated:

V/XBMC ( 1033): 14:37:49 T:1566471136 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libXBMCvcodec_stagefrightICS-arm.so)
V/XBMC ( 1033): 14:37:49 T:1566471136 DEBUG: Loading: /data/app-lib/org.xbmc.xbmc-1/libXBMCvcodec_stagefrightICS-arm.so
V/XBMC ( 1033): 14:37:49 T:1566471136 DEBUG: CStageFrightVideo::bool CStageFrightVideo::Open(CDVDStreamInfo&) - component: OMX.allwinner.video.decoder.avc
V/XBMC ( 1033): 14:37:49 T:1566471136 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: stf-h264 - Opened

> Did you made something special to add libstagefright support ?

You also need to update /system/etc/media_codecs.xml to make it choose allwinner decoder:

<MediaCodecs>
<Decoders>
<MediaCodec name="OMX.allwinner.video.decoder.avc" type="video/avc" />
<MediaCodec name="OMX.allwinner.video.decoder.mpeg2" type="video/mpeg2" />

Best Regards,
Jungle

Pacopad

May 28, 2014, 4:39:02 AM5/28/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I check my compilation env and all files are present and well configured.

I ll check logs on my cb2. Which version of xbmc do you use ? Is 1080p decoding ok on you install  ?

Would it be difficult to port cynogenmod to A20?

Thank you for answers

Ji Yonggang

May 28, 2014, 10:07:08 AM5/28/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pacopad,
At Wed, 28 May 2014 01:39:02 -0700 (PDT),
Pacopad <pas...@oceanet.com> wrote:

> I check my compilation env and all files are present and well configured.
>
> I ll check logs on my cb2. Which version of xbmc do you use ?

I test XBMC 13.0 release version.

You need turn off MediaCodec in XBMC settings:

https://github.com/jungleji/android_device_softwinner_cubieboard1#xbmc

> Is 1080p decoding ok on you install ?

1080P is still slow. for a 10mbps h264 video, about 1xFPS.

> Would it be difficult to port cynogenmod to A20?

If you plan porting cm 10.1 to A20, it's not difficult but tedious.

That is, download aosp 4.2.2, generate patches one with allwinner A20 SDK,
then generate patches two with cm 10.1. Merge these patches to new porting.

If you want to port cm 10.2 or cm 11.0 to A20,
the first difficulty you meet is where to get compatible proprietary libraries.
The second difficulty is handle the API changes between android versions.

> Thank you for answers

You're welcome :)

Jungle

MeleTest

Jun 29, 2014, 6:38:44 AM6/29/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jungle,
The nand image installs and works perfectly. This rom is blazing fast. XBMC runs quite smooth and I have solved the remote IR issues.
Thank you very much for this great work.

regards

Le dimanche 26 janvier 2014 10:53:57 UTC+1, Ji Yonggang a écrit :
Hi,

Ji Yonggang

Jun 30, 2014, 11:26:19 AM6/30/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Sun, 29 Jun 2014 03:38:44 -0700 (PDT),
MeleTest <baso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jungle,
> The nand image installs and works perfectly. This rom is blazing fast. XBMC
> runs quite smooth and I have solved the remote IR issues.
> Thank you very much for this great work.

I'm glad to know :)

Best Regards,
Jungle

arieedzig

Jul 2, 2014, 3:11:11 AM7/2/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jungle,

I have succesfully built the android and followed the instruction to create nand image.

I created cache.img and largedata.img using this steps:

dd if=/dev/zero of=largedata.img bs=4k count=256000
dd if=/dev/zero of=cache.img bs=4k count=256000
mkfs.ext4 largedata.img
mkfs.ext4 cache.img
tune2fs -c0 -i0 largedata.img
tune2fs -c0 -i0 cache.img

put those image in out/target/product/cubieboard1/
and did ./pack-cm.sh
nand image was successfully created. It is around 2Giga image.

But when I flash to cubieboard using phoenixsuit, it failed immediatelly and said that that the image is not correct.
I tried to create smaller size of cache and largdata image, it also failed after more than 30% progress.

What did I miss during that steps?can you give some advices?

Best Regards,

ariee

Sergey Savran

Jul 2, 2014, 6:32:28 AM7/2/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ji Yonggang
I apologize for my English
I want to ask you for help, me very much need your help
I have Mele A2000 Allwinner A10 and  it is
cubieboard1-cm-10.1-20140313.tar.gz
cubieboard1-cm-10.1-20140410.tar.gz
cubieboard1-cm-10.1.tar.gz
I do not have enough knowledge and skill, I tried to write it on SDcard
I see only a black screen no logo,  please help me.
you can create
Cubieboard1 (A10) porting to cm-10.1  Support USB bluetooth dongle and USB GPS PL2303 so that it was compatible with MELE A2000
as well as possible to make img or zip to install via CWM

Thank you, waiting for your answer

Ji Yonggang

Jul 3, 2014, 5:13:11 AM7/3/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi ariee,

At Wed, 2 Jul 2014 00:11:11 -0700 (PDT),
arieedzig <arie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jungle,
>

> I have succesfully built the android and followed the instruction to create
> nand image.
>
> I created cache.img and largedata.img using this steps:
>
> - dd if=/dev/zero of=largedata.img bs=4k count=256000
> - dd if=/dev/zero of=cache.img bs=4k count=256000
> - mkfs.ext4 largedata.img
> - mkfs.ext4 cache.img
> - tune2fs -c0 -i0 largedata.img
> - tune2fs -c0 -i0 cache.img
>
> put those image in out/target/product/cubieboard1/
> and did ./pack-cm.sh
> nand image was successfully created. It is around 2Giga image.
>
> But when I flash to cubieboard using phoenixsuit, it failed immediatelly
> and said that that the image is not correct.
> I tried to create smaller size of cache and largdata image, it also failed
> after more than 30% progress.
>
> What did I miss during that steps?can you give some advices?

Sorry for my unclear instruction.

The size of cache and data image are defined in sys_config.fex:

;------------------------------>nande, user data
[partition4]
class_name = DISK
name = data
size_hi = 0
size_lo = 1048576
user_type = 1
ro = 0

;------------------------------>nandh, android app cache
[partition7]
class_name = DISK
name = cache
size_hi = 0
size_lo = 131072
user_type = 0
ro = 0

If you use other size, you should change this config firstly.

Best Regards,
Jungle

Ji Yonggang

Jul 3, 2014, 5:50:36 AM7/3/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey,
At Wed, 2 Jul 2014 03:32:28 -0700 (PDT),
Unfortunately, these SD images I released are only worked for Cubieboard A10.

I'm not sure this porting can or cannot launch on MELE A2000.
To make it work, you need script.bin and u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin MELE version.

I found these files in lundman.net:

http://www.lundman.net/wiki/index.php/MeLe_A2000

Replace these two files, run mk-sdacard.sh to create a new sdcard and see what happen this time.

Best Regards,
Jungle

Sergey Savran

Jul 3, 2014, 6:40:44 AM7/3/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much,  you responded and not disregarded my request
I certainly have do late this evening as you describe
result I will write later in this group,

Thank you very much Ji Yonggang

Sergey Savran

Jul 3, 2014, 10:59:30 AM7/3/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I apologize, but I can not here http://www.lundman.net/wiki/index.php/MeLe_A2000
find these need script.bin and u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin files?   :(

Ji Yonggang

Jul 3, 2014, 8:03:50 PM7/3/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey,
At Thu, 3 Jul 2014 07:59:30 -0700 (PDT),
I found them in their http://www.lundman.net/ftp/mele/

script.bin:
http://www.lundman.net/ftp/mele/mele-1.3-script-fixed.bin
http://www.lundman.net/ftp/mele/script-HDMI-1080p60.bin

Rename one of them to script.bin

u-boot:
http://www.lundman.net/ftp/mele/sunxi-spl.bin
http://www.lundman.net/ftp/mele/u-boot.bin

the u-boot they provided are spl and u-boot separately,
you need modify script mk-scard.sh before run:

replace this line:

dd if=${BASE}/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=$card bs=1024 seek=8

with two new lines:

dd if=${BASE}/sunxi-spl.bin of=$card bs=1024 seek=8
dd if=${BASE}/u-boot.bin of=$card bs=1024 seek=32

Best Regards,
Jungle

arieedzig

Jul 6, 2014, 9:49:20 AM7/6/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:27:36 PM UTC+2, Jorge Gonçalves wrote:

[...]

You can enable soft buttons by editing /system/build.prop and add this line:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Best regard,

Arieedzig

arieedzig

Jul 12, 2014, 8:45:56 AM7/12/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jungle,

Thanks for the explanation, I have more question.
I would like to enable automatic mounting of mmc and usb, so I changed the vold.fstab
to something like these:

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
dev_mount       sdcard  /mnt/sdcard     auto    /devices/virtual/block/nand/nandi
#dev_mount      sdcard    /mnt/sdcard   10      /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0
#dev_mount       usbhost1  /mnt/usbhost1 auto    /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1

dev_mount      sata            /mnt/sata       auto    /devices/platform/sw_ahci.0
dev_mount       extsd          /mnt/extsd      auto    /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host  /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount       usbhost0       /mnt/usbhost2   auto    /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2     /devices/platform/sw-ohci.2
dev_mount       usbhost1        /mnt/usbhost1   auto    /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1    /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1

it works ok, but the internal memory will not mounted, if I delete the change, the internal memory works.
do you know what is wrong with that? Do you have any suggestion?

I tried to watch streaming movie using xbmc, for SD quality, it works very good, but for 720, it has a little hiccup, is that normal or do I need to do some configuration?

Best regards,

Ariee

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 12, 2014, 11:09:24 AM7/12/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jungle,
I order to use the new drivers, i need to substitute the 3.0.8 kernel in "A10-android-4.04.tar.xz" with the new 3.4.x one.
I tried but without success, is it possible? can android run with any kind of kernel or the kernel should be androidize?
In android image we have a file named "kernel", is it zImage?by the way what is the difference between bImage and zImage?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Best regards.

Ji Yonggang

Jul 12, 2014, 10:06:35 PM7/12/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ariee,
At Sat, 12 Jul 2014 05:45:56 -0700 (PDT),
If boot from TF card, internal nand will completely untouched, we mount TF card partition 10 to /mnt/sdcard,
the configure should be:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 10 /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0

If you boot Android from Nand, the internal Nand partition nandi is mounted to /mnt/sdcard,
we should configure vold.fstab like this:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nand/nandi

and if we want to use TF card when boot from nand, we need modify init.sun4i.rc, create dir with
mkdir /mnt/extsd, and add a new line to vold.fstab:

dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0

> I tried to watch streaming movie using xbmc, for SD quality, it works very
> good, but for 720, it has a little hiccup, is that normal or do I need to
> do some configuration?

I guess this issue happened when you play a video with high quality audio(e.g AC3 5.1),
XBMC 13 is still using soft-decoding on audio, that is depend on CPU, and A10 is low speed one.

To avoid this stutter, you can reduce audio resample quality to LOW:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Audio_settings

Best Regards,
Jungle

Ji Yonggang

Jul 12, 2014, 10:50:58 PM7/12/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi
At Sat, 12 Jul 2014 19:39:16 +0430,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jungle,
> I order to use the new drivers, i need to substitute the 3.0.8 kernel
> in "A10-android-4.04.tar.xz"
> with the new 3.4.x one.
> I tried but without success, is it possible?

Did you use the sunxi-3.4 kernel?

> can android run with any kind of kernel or the kernel should be androidize?

That kernel should be androidized with android features:

http://elinux.org/Android_Kernel_Features

> In android image we have a file named "kernel", is it zImage?by the way
> what is the difference between bImage and zImage?

It is zImage, but for u-boot, it will be uImage.

For bzImage, the wikipedia link description is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vmlinux#bzImage

Best Regards,
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 13, 2014, 2:55:01 AM7/13/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jungle,
There is a linux-3.3 and i think linux-3.4 kernel for A20 but i can't use it with A10 and there is no "sun4i_crane_defconfig" and when i copy one from linux-3.0 it doesn't work.
I need some new drivers like sunxi-gpio.
Any suggestion?

Best Regards,
Jungle

Dariush

Jul 13, 2014, 1:53:36 PM7/13/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Would you please somebody give me a still alive link for downloading cm10 tarball if possible?

Ji Yonggang

Jul 14, 2014, 11:13:25 PM7/14/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Sun, 13 Jul 2014 10:53:36 -0700 (PDT),
Dariush <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Would you please somebody give me a still alive link for downloading cm10
> > tarball if possible?

I tested the google drive links, all of them can be downloaded:

cubieboard1-cm-10.1-20140410.tar.gz:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B87fQlyfrPsrdG5MZE1GbW05R1E&export=download

cubieboard1-nand-20140521.img.gz:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B87fQlyfrPsrckxZalhwS3QzRUU&export=download

--
Jungle

Ji Yonggang

Jul 14, 2014, 11:23:49 PM7/14/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Sun, 13 Jul 2014 11:24:55 +0430,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jungle,
> There is a linux-3.3 and i think linux-3.4 kernel for A20 but i can't use
> it with A10 and there is no "sun4i_crane_defconfig" and when i copy one
> from linux-3.0 it doesn't work.
> I need some new drivers like sunxi-gpio.
> Any suggestion?

The linux-sunxi groups maybe know how to handle this, their mailing list is:

linux...@googlegroups.com

Best Regards,
Jungle

arieedzig

Jul 15, 2014, 4:44:59 AM7/15/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jungle,

Thank for the tips, but the problems are when I make kernel modification to add driver and give root permission to the tty console by modifying init.rc and then compile the source, the booted image doesn't show internal storage even though I didn't change the vold.fstab. Do you have a clue with that?

and for the xbmc, it doesn't solve my problem, but actually the hiccup is on the image (every couple second there is missing video frame) not on the sound, I saw that the memory and processor uses are not high (considerate as moderate) during playback. fyi, I use xbmc 13.1, is that maybe the problem?

Best regards

ariee

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 15, 2014, 12:20:44 PM7/15/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jungle,
I'm really sorry,but i want to know where can i download the whole source code (SDK) for CM.
Would you please give me a link for that if possible?
Thanks in advance.

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 18, 2014, 4:12:25 PM7/18/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
At the end of repo sync i face errors.
Would sombody please upload the source for "jellybean" in "https://github.com/cubieboard/manifests"?

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 18, 2014, 4:21:53 PM7/18/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Ji Yonggang

Jul 22, 2014, 3:16:46 AM7/22/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dariush,
At Sat, 19 Jul 2014 00:51:49 +0430,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or maybe the 4.2. in the "
> https://github.com/jungleji/android_device_softwinner_cubieboard1"?
>

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 12:42 AM, Dariush abbasinezhad mood <
> dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > At the end of repo sync i face errors.
> > Would sombody please upload the source for "jellybean" in "
> > https://github.com/cubieboard/manifests"?
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Dariush abbasinezhad mood <
> > dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Jungle,
> >> I'm really sorry,but i want to know where can i download the whole source
> >> code (SDK) for CM.
> >> Would you please give me a link for that if possible?
> >> Thanks in advance.

Can you download cm from https://github.com/cyanogenmod/ ?

Following my cubieboard1 porting instruction,

https://github.com/jungleji/android_device_softwinner_cubieboard1

after copy cm-10.1.xml to .repo/local_manifest/ you can sync the whole sdk.

Best Regards,
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 22, 2014, 3:15:32 PM7/22/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks Jungle.
1-I flashed your 4.2.2 nand image but i don't know why my computer doesn't detect it? USB debugging also enabled.Does it work for you?
2- Would you please tell me whether cm-10.1 works with 7" lcd or there must be some modification in source?

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 22, 2014, 3:28:26 PM7/22/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks jungle.
1-I flashed your "4.2.2.nand image" but when i try to "mkdir /mnt/tmp" it tells "read-only".how can i remount as RW?
2- Would you please tell me whether cm-10.1 works with 7" lcd or there must be some modification in source?

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Ji Yonggang

Jul 23, 2014, 10:54:07 AM7/23/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dariush,
At Wed, 23 Jul 2014 00:00:21 +0430,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks jungle.
> 1-I flashed your "4.2.2.nand image" but when i try to "mkdir /mnt/tmp" it
> tells "read-only".how can i remount as RW?

/mnt on root partition, you can remount it by:

# mount -o remount,rw /

> 2- Would you please tell me whether cm-10.1 works with 7" lcd or there must
> be some modification in source?

I never test it on any LCD, but you can find some useful information about cubieboard and LCD
on this list with LVDS keyword.

Best Regards,
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 23, 2014, 6:38:05 PM7/23/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot dear Jungle,
The problem for LCD is after showing the Cyanogenmod logo the LCD goes off.
As you know in 4.0.4 version of android we have to edit the DisplayManager,what about this version?
Do you know how can i solve this problem?

Best Regards,
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 23, 2014, 6:40:08 PM7/23/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot dear Jungle,
The problem for LCD is that after showing the Cyanogenmod logo the LCD goes off.
As you know in 4.0.4 version of android we have to edit the DisplayManager,what about this version?
Do you know how can i solve this problem?
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM, Ji Yonggang <jung...@gmail.com> wrote:

Best Regards,
Jungle

Ji Yonggang

Jul 24, 2014, 11:38:15 AM7/24/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Thu, 24 Jul 2014 03:10:01 +0430,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot dear Jungle,
> The problem for LCD is that after showing the Cyanogenmod logo the LCD goes
> off.
> As you know in 4.0.4 version of android we have to edit the
> DisplayManager,what about this version?
> Do you know how can i solve this problem?

Did you configure sys_config1.fex and generate new script.bin that support LCD ?

Best Regards,
Jungle

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 24, 2014, 12:45:12 PM7/24/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Yes,for sure.
If I didn't do that i wouldn't have the Cyanogenmod logo!

Best Regards,
Jungle

Ji Yonggang

Jul 25, 2014, 1:01:07 AM7/25/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Thu, 24 Jul 2014 21:15:06 +0430,
Dariush abbasinezhad mood <dariush.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes,for sure.
> If I didn't do that i wouldn't have the Cyanogenmod logo!

OK. After showing logo animation, there is a call in surfaceflinger to set display mode.

You need to check the logcat messages output by HAL module display and hwcomposer,
the source code of these module are located in device/softwinner/cubieboard1/hardware folder.

Dariush abbasinezhad mood

Jul 26, 2014, 4:13:10 PM7/26/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your great helps,i'll check that.

Nikolaos Pap

Aug 5, 2014, 2:23:42 PM8/5/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
i cant get root i think is kernel problem??? cause the su file is there (xbin) but when i install supersu not working i copied the apk and the new su from supersu before remaking the sd again nothing the only thing i managed like this is to install bank gapps minimal for 4.2.2 by extracted and then copy the them to the cm10.1 folder... any ideas how to solve this ????

Ji Yonggang

Aug 6, 2014, 5:08:32 AM8/6/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nikolaos,
At Tue, 5 Aug 2014 11:23:42 -0700 (PDT),
You can get root through `adb shell`.

To install gapps, remount the /system partition with rw option, unzip gapps zip file,
copy all files under system folder to /system, change files permission with reference
updater-script in gapps zip, after rebooting you will get installed google apps.

Best Regards,
Jungle

Nikolaos Pap

Aug 7, 2014, 2:43:31 PM8/7/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
i did the gapps but the problem is how to take su priveileges inside of the os like lets say rootexplorer ????

we have to solve this please

Nikolaos Pap

Aug 7, 2014, 2:56:01 PM8/7/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
this is the setup for ir sun4i-ir.kl module for samsung tv  you know the rest if some on has a LG setup please send it over

key 88  BACK               WAKE_DROPPED
#key 12 MENU               WAKE_DROPPED
#key 13 SEARCH             WAKE_DROPPED
key 104  DPAD_CENTER        WAKE_DROPPED
key 97  DPAD_DOWN          WAKE_DROPPED
key 96  DPAD_UP            WAKE
key 31  HOME               WAKE
key 101  DPAD_LEFT          WAKE_DROPPED
key 98  DPAD_RIGHT         WAKE_DROPPED
key 7 VOLUME_UP          WAKE
key 11  VOLUME_DOWN        WAKE
#key 87 POWER              WAKE
#key 1  POWER              WAKE
key 17  0                  WAKE
key 4   1                  WAKE
key 5   2                  WAKE
key 6   3                  WAKE
key 8   4                  WAKE
key 9   5                  WAKE
key 10   6                  WAKE
key 12   7                  WAKE
key 13   8                  WAKE
key 14   9                  WAKE
key 71  MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE   WAKE
key 70  MEDIA_STOP         WAKE
key 69  MEDIA_PREVIOUS     WAKE
key 72  MEDIA_NEXT         WAKE
key 80   MEDIA_REWIND       WAKE
key 78   MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD WAKE
key 15  MUTE               WAKE
#key 4  TV_SYSTEM          WAKE
key 37 SUBTITLE           WAKE
#key 68 AUDIO              WAKE
#key 9  SETTINGS           WAKE
#key 85  PROG_RED           WAKE
#key 72  PROG_BLUE          WAKE
#key 78  PROG_GREEN         WAKE
#key 73  PROG_YELLOW        WAKE
#key 5  HELP               WAKE
#key 21 FAVOURITE          WAKE
#key 8  LOOP               WAKE
#key 20 EXPAND             WAKE
#key 12 ZOOM_IN            WAKE
#key 88 ZOOM_OUT          WAKE
#key 17 MOUSE              WAKE
#key 84 MOVIE              WAKE
#key 91 APPS               WAKE
#key 23 BROWSER            WAKE
#key 16 INFO              WAKE

Ji Yonggang

Aug 7, 2014, 11:12:06 PM8/7/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Thu, 7 Aug 2014 11:43:31 -0700 (PDT),
Nikolaos Pap <nik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i did the gapps but the problem is how to take su priveileges inside of the
> os like lets say rootexplorer ????
>
> we have to solve this please

Did you try `adb shell` to get root?

CyanogenMod comes with Superuser and embedding to system Settings,
because I'm lazy, use the cubieboard Settings in this porting.

> On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 12:08:32 PM UTC+3, Ji Yonggang wrote:
> >
> > Hi Nikolaos,
> > At Tue, 5 Aug 2014 11:23:42 -0700 (PDT),

arieedzig

Aug 15, 2014, 3:13:26 AM8/15/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jungle and folks,

Has anyone had success compile from the source?
I had success to compile from Jungle source, but when I boot using the image, I have no internal storage on android so I can't donwload and install anything.
Do I need to use sdcard as internal storage when booting from nand?
Or did I miss any configuration steps during build?
Or it is a bug on the vold framework?

Thanks,

arieedzig

arieedzig

Aug 15, 2014, 5:18:16 AM8/15/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nikolaos,

I did the following modification to make root works:
1.  edit sytem/core/rootdir/init.rc, change the following line

service console /system/bin/sh
    class core
    console
    disabled
    user shell
    group log

service console /system/bin/sh
    class core
    console
    disabled
    user root
    group root

2. edit device/softwinner/cubieboard1/device_cubieboard1.mk

add these line to PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES += \

persist.sys.root_access=1 \

add these line to PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
Superuser \

After that, recompile your source. The Superuser apk should be installed and you can act as root.
It is also possible to embed su, you need to patch the source but I haven't tried it.
please follow this instruction https://github.com/koush/Superuser

Best regards,

arieedzig

Ji Yonggang

Aug 16, 2014, 10:49:31 AM8/16/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi arieedzig,
At Fri, 15 Aug 2014 00:13:26 -0700 (PDT),
arieedzig <arie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jungle and folks,
>
> Has anyone had success compile from the source?
> I had success to compile from Jungle source, but when I boot using the
> image, I have no internal storage on android so I can't donwload and
> install anything.
> Do I need to use sdcard as internal storage when booting from nand?

No, the internal partition nandi is mounted to /mnt/sdcard.

> Or did I miss any configuration steps during build?

No extra steps needed when building nand image.
In the output /system/etc/vold.fstab, it should include a define:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nand/nandi

> Or it is a bug on the vold framework?

There was a bug in vold when formatting vfat partition, you can check it by manually
mount vfat partition on shell or examine the logcat.

Best Regards,
Jungle

Nikolaos Pap

Aug 16, 2014, 10:52:52 AM8/16/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Jungle why you are not making a new rom again from the beginning with root

arieedzig

Aug 17, 2014, 6:07:53 AM8/17/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jungle,

On Saturday, August 16, 2014 4:49:31 PM UTC+2, Ji Yonggang wrote:

No extra steps needed when building nand image.
In the output /system/etc/vold.fstab, it should include a define:

dev_mount        sdcard        /mnt/sdcard        auto        /devices/virtual/block/nand/nandi

The vold.fstab contains above line, but still doesn't work. Is it correct nandi not nandk?because I saw in linuxsunxi (http://linux-sunxi.org/Android/partitions), the internal sdcard is on nandk partition.

Best regard,

arieedzig

Nikolaos Pap

Ji Yonggang

Aug 17, 2014, 11:41:26 PM8/17/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Sun, 17 Aug 2014 03:07:53 -0700 (PDT),
In tools/pack/chips/sun4i/configs/android/cubieboard/sys_config.fex last partition defined is

;------------------------------>nandh, android app cache
[partition7]
class_name = DISK
name = cache
size_hi = 0
size_lo = 131072
user_type = 0
ro = 0

So we use the next partition nandi as UDISK.

Best Regards,
Jungle

Ji Yonggang

Aug 17, 2014, 11:46:45 PM8/17/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:51:22 -0700 (PDT),
Nikolaos Pap <nik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> jungleji try to make a new one from the start and use arieedzig comments
> about root please

I can make a new one, but the Superuser setting is still missing in the TvdSettings.apk

Nikolaos Pap

Aug 18, 2014, 3:09:52 AM8/18/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
as i said i dont care if is embedded or is normal like supersu.apk or superuser.apk am i missing something ????

Ji Yonggang

Aug 19, 2014, 12:01:03 AM8/19/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
At Mon, 18 Aug 2014 00:09:52 -0700 (PDT),
Nikolaos Pap <nik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> as i said i dont care if is embedded or is normal like supersu.apk or
> superuser.apk am i missing something ????

Without setting UI, Superuser will be useless.

I transferred a new image via wetransfer.com to you, it modified console service's
user and group to root.

> On Monday, August 18, 2014 6:46:45 AM UTC+3, Ji Yonggang wrote:
> >
> > At Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:51:22 -0700 (PDT),
It is loading more messages.