CTFEDS Open Design day

Justin Slack

Aug 16, 2013, 9:53:48 AM8/16/13
to ctf...@googlegroups.com

Hi CTFEDs,

We are planning an event as part of the inaugural Open Design Festival that runs from the 21st till the 31st of August. We have been given space in the City Hall on Sunday 25th August.

Here’s the short blurb about the festival:

“OPEN DESIGN Cape Town is an annual cross-disciplinary citywide event creating an educational, informative, inclusive and collaborative platform where through design and its numerous disciplines, it aims to galvanise Cape Town’s community to openly share their design with each other, raising awareness of and increasing appreciation for design by all.”

More info is available at the Open Design website.

We are putting out a call for speakers on topics that would fall into the design theme of the festival.

Possible topics could be:

  • Design abstraction using style-guides

  • Designing in the browser (with HTML/CSS)

  • Content first > Mobile first > Responsive Web Design

  • Design related CSS properties - Gradients, Shadows, Multiple Backgrounds, etc.

  • Animation, transitions and transforms

  • Responsive images

We have scheduled two talks during the morning, one at 9:45am and one at 11:15am. We would like to have you give a talk on a design-related topic. Yes, you!

If you are interested, please submit your talk by responding to this thread or emai jus...@justinslack.coml.

We are aware that this is short notice but will need to close submissions for talks on Monday 19th August at midnight.

Many thanks

Shaun, Justin, Steve, Alex, and Le Roux