Unplugged demonstration and curriculum discussion

Tim Bell

Dec 11, 2016, 2:21:22 PM12/11/16
to cs-unplugged-sharing
As part of a recent Google for Education event, I gave the following 30-minute "keynote", which discusses curriculum changes, and using CS Unplugged in the classroom. It includes some demonstrations with a group of students.

enjoy,
Tim Bell

Toshiyuki Kamada

Dec 12, 2016, 12:11:56 AM12/12/16
to cs-unplugged-sharing
Hi folks,

Thank you Tim for sharing fantastic video.

In my feeling, you strongly bold the importance of conversation between a teacher and kids, and communications within the kids who describe their thinking under the coordination of the teacher.

CS Unplugged is still wide-spreading in Japan, but I still have a concern how much teachers understand and take care what words or phrases are impressive and informative to draw thinkings from students during each session of CS Unplugged activity.

I learned, and newly found a lot from this video.  I appreciate.

Then, I would humbly like to point out the political power of English phrase "black-and-white".
I write this from my experience of failure, but It must be case-by-case.

Thanks,
Toshi Kamada from Japan