Videos with subtitles in Portuguese

Josilene Aires

Feb 15, 2016, 2:28:26 PM2/15/16
to cs-unplugged-sharing
I will be teaching CS Unplugged this semester using a Moodle environment in Brasil.
I would like to have videos presenting the concepts of CS-unplugged with good subtitles in Portuguese (the automatic translation is not well-understood by my students).

If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate that.

Thanks,
Josilene

Tim Bell

Feb 15, 2016, 2:33:53 PM2/15/16
to cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com
We recommend that the videos should only be used by teachers to see how
the activity works, as students need to participate in the activities
rather than watch other students doing them. The web site has detailed
descriptions of what to do with the students, and the videos are mainly
intended to help you visualise this as a teacher.

Of course, if anyone wants to write translated subtitles for the videos
for other teachers, that would be great.

cheers!
Tim Bell

On 16/02/16 8:26 am, "cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com on behalf of
Josilene Aires" <cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com on behalf of

Luciano Barreto

Feb 15, 2016, 2:46:26 PM2/15/16
to cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josilene

Right after the first translation to Portuguese (BR) - back in 2011 -
I tried to get funding/volunteers to translate the videos, because I
thought that would help disseminate the ideas to a broader audience,
but I was not successful on that.

Anyway, as Tim said, I guess that doing the activities is the best way
for the students to get the main concepts and get motivated to study
beyond that.
Well, at least, this was my experience.

Good Luck ! / Boa Sorte !

Luciano