FW: [CMSC] Creative Mathematical Sciences Communication--Update

Tim Bell

Jul 8, 2016, 6:01:17 PM7/8/16
to cs-unplugged-sharing
Apologies for cross-posting... this is a "meta" CS Unplugged event - of interest to those involved in math and computer science popularisation.

cheers,
Tim Bell

From: <cmsc-b...@uib.no> on behalf of Frances rosamond <frances....@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 9 July 2016 7:55 am
To: "CM...@uib.no" <CM...@uib.no>
Subject: [CMSC] Creative Mathematical Sciences Communication--Update

Dear All,

This is an update on the Creative Mathematical Science Communication (CMSC) conference taking place in Luebeck, Germany from 4—7 October 2016 (http://www.tcs.uni-luebeck.de/cmsc). A poster is attached.

There will be an FPT – Parameterized Complexity research workshop on Friday afternoon 7 October, following CMSC. Same location.

Join fun, creative folks interested in exploring new ways of popularizing computational thinking, algorithmic thinking, and the foundations and frontiers of computing. We encourage you to present your own efforts and demonstrate / discuss new ideas with outdoor activities, storytelling, art, dance, coding, lecture or other activities. This is Computer Science Unplugged! (www.csunplugged.org) and beyond! Ideas for round-table discussions welcome.

Send an Abstract of what you would like to do to Rudiger Reischuk (reis...@tcs.uni-luebeck.de) or Sebastian Berndt (ber...@tcs.uni-luebeck.de). Send a rough outline of your activity as soon as possible, please. This will help us prepare a program. Provide a title, a few descriptive sentences and let us know how much time you need. We accept later submissions due to the concept of this conference.

We have many exciting presentations, and there is room for yours.

See you in Luebeck!

Frances

Frances Rosamond, Ph.D.
Research Professor, Institute for Informatics
University of Bergen, Norway
Staff Phone: +47 5558 4200
Mobile: +47 4815 4905
Rosamond Computer Science Research and Education
www.fpt.wikidot.com

CMSC poster 2016.pdf