New Greek Translation of Computer Science Unplugged !

special visitor

Sep 18, 2010, 5:57:42 PM9/18/10
to cs-unplugged-sharing
Hi all!
My name is Constantine and I just thought you might be interested to
know about my efforts to translate in Greek this wonderful piece of
educational work, called Computer Science Unplugged.
Apart from my own enthusiasm, I owe much both to my younger son
Stefano (aged 14), who patiently and skillfully elaborated all the
original cartoons and pictures with GIMP, translating them in Greek,
but also many warm thanks go to the GreekLUG Association (http://
greeklug.gr/index.php?lang=en), which wholeheartedly supported my
efforts and actually volunteered to officcially present this work to a
local school in Thessaloniki (Macedonia, Greece).
I finally wish to thank Tim Bell, the book's author, who offered his
much appreciated advice.
The whole work has just been uploaded under a separate link, so that
everyone can have it.
I will be more than happy to have any kind of feed back, either
correcting and improving my translation, or perhaps, also offering
ideas about ways in which this marvelous book could be promoted into
the local community.