CS Unplugged site about to change

Tim Bell

Feb 4, 2018, 5:49:09 PM2/4/18
to cs-unplugged-sharing
For the last few months we've had a "sneak peek of CS Unplugged 2.0" link with a new version of the material and site structure focussed on unit and lesson plans for teachers. In the next few days we're going to switch the site around so that this is the primary landing site. ALL of the old material will be retained (under the "Classic" link), and any direct links you currently use to the classic pages should still take you to the same page as before (with a few minor exceptions). The classic material will be retained as it contains material of general interest to the community, but the new site will grow as we adapt and create activities for classroom use.

We're making this change because with curriculum changes around the world, CS Unplugged is now being used extensively by teachers in the classroom, rather than experts doing outreach.

The new site will also support translations better - we'll announce it soon, but it means that material can be translated online, and appear in the web pages, rather than the off-line translation of Word documents that we've done in the past. This also allows for crowd-sourcing the translation effort.

The new version will be called version 4.0, because the classic books were up to version 3.

Thanks!
Tim Bell