Computer Maths Outreach Conference, Darwin AU, August

Frances rosamond

Jun 5, 2013, 7:26:36 AM6/5/13
to cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com
Wow!! Every day fabulous, marvelous news for the Conference!! Latest: ROBOGALS is coming!! Bringing robots!!!

Welcome to the "First International Conference on Creative Mathematical Sciences Communication".
Register today at  http://www.cdu.edu.au/conference/csmaths

The conference starts at 1pm on Friday, 2 August at Charles Darwin University in Darwin, Australia, Northern Territory.

Friday evening will be Maths on the Green, outdoor math activities open to all the community, with a BBQ and music and Welcome to Country from the Aboriginal Native People.

Saturday presentations will be followed by an evening of Pizza and Art, with famous artists helping “release our creativity” to envision and create story-full math activities.

An evening of Mathematical Theatre, proofs presented onstage, will be presented by mathematicians and playwrights.

On Tuesday, all aboard to continue the conference in the outback. We will visit Annaburroo Billabong and Litchfield National Park. Expect bonfires, kangaroos, crocodiles and other animals, palm trees and beautiful plants, swimming under waterfalls.

We have tried to keep participant costs low by reserving dorm room and outback accommodation costing $55/night. Registration will include most meals.

 We hope you join us.

email me with any questions

Frances....@cdu.edu.au