STEMx conference - NZ schools talk

Tim Bell

Sep 16, 2013, 2:56:32 AM9/16/13
to cs-unplugged-sharing
I'm giving a talk on Computer Science in NZ schools at an upcoming webinar, later this week. There are quite a few talks there that may be of interest to members of this group. They will be recorded so you can watch later if it's at an awkward time.

Cheers,
Tim Bell

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.

Stephen Ward

Sep 16, 2013, 7:32:30 AM9/16/13
to cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info tim, looks very interesting.  I meant to drop you a line a couple of months ago when you first welcomed me to the group.  I have really enjoyed using your Computer Unplugged material with my Y5s and Y6s.  I can hardly believe that I managed to get so many students so enthusiastic about using binary numbers!  I was even more bowled over when I came across the supporting videos, great fun and spot on for either introducing the topics or for embedding the learning.

One thing which I tried doing was to adjust all the paper exercises so that they could be used with Google Drive apps, and I have to say it went rather well.  Have you tried this..?  If not I am happy to share my materials with you.

All the very best, and thank you for the inspiration!

Cheers,
Steve

Regards,
Mr Ward

Tim Bell

Sep 16, 2013, 3:00:47 PM9/16/13
to cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing that Steve.

We have a few of the games turned into online experiences, but it would be really interesting to share your take on it with the group.

Regards,
Tim Bell

pawel.pe...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2013, 12:16:01 PM9/24/13