Image presentation and transport: an adapted CS Unplugged game

Francis wyffels

Sep 10, 2013, 8:06:04 AM9/10/13
to cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com
In the CErrobotics project we are teaching robotics to children and teachers in Salta, Argentina. As an introduction, each of the workshops is started by a CS Unplugged game. Last week, we adapted the chapter Colour by Numbers such that the children had to come up with image representation data structures and transfer protocols by themselves. This worked out very well on our first group of 21 kids aged between 11 and 18. The description of this game together with some preliminary results can be seen on http://www.dwengo.org/CSUnplugged-image-representation (English) or http://www.dwengo.org/es/CSUnplugged-image-representation (Spanish). Feel free to copy or adapt this game in your own class!