[cs-unplugged-sharing] Using CS-Unplugged for Girls in Africa

Unoma Okorafor

May 12, 2010, 2:14:38 PM5/12/10
to cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I am new to the group and I am excited!

My name is Unoma Okorafor. I am a software engineer at Texas
Instruments and graduated with a phd in Electrical Engineering from
Texas A & M. I founded WAAW Foundation (www.waawfoundation.org)
because I want to encourage more African girls to study STEM. This
summer, I am conducting a science camp for African girls in Abuja
Nigeria and would like to get ideas for hands on activities from
csunplugged. I have been to a google womens conference and seen this
demonstated - teaching computer science without a computer... I think
these are very neat activities.

My challenge is to run the activities with locally available materials
that students can better relate to :-).If you have any ideas we could
use for 12 - 15 year olds, thots, general help please email me.

Unoma