How are Crystal developers called ? (ex. Rubylist)

Pine Mizune

Jul 1, 2015, 9:23:37 AM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
I have a question about Crystal.

In Ruby, Ruby developers are called Rubylist.
In Crystal, how can I call Crystal developers ?

Thank you.

Bar Hofesh

Jul 1, 2015, 9:37:19 AM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
I think it works for some language and for some not.

You can be a Rubiest (That's how it pronounce at my country)
But you can't be a PHPiest, it just doesn't sound good.

I guess you can be a Crystal developer, but Crystaliest ?? also doesn't sound good (at lest to me ^^)

Jonne Haß

Jul 1, 2015, 9:41:32 AM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
I actually like the sound of Crystalist, but I've also seen Crystalline entity xD

On 01.07.2015 15:37, Bar Hofesh wrote:
> I think it works for some language and for some not.
>

> You can be a Rubiest (That's how it pronounce at my country)
> But you can't be a PHPiest, it just doesn't sound good.
>
> I guess you can be a Crystal developer, but Crystaliest ?? also doesn't
> sound good (at lest to me ^^)
>
> On 07/01/2015 04:23 PM, Pine Mizune wrote:
> > Hello.
> > I have a question about Crystal.
> >
> > In Ruby, Ruby developers are called Rubylist.
> > In Crystal, how can I call Crystal developers ?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > --
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crystal-lang/c28752b3-ef49-445f-b49b-1497c2d529e9%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crystal-lang/c28752b3-ef49-445f-b49b-1497c2d529e9%40googlegroups.com.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crystal-lang/5593ED0C.5070700%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crystal-lang/5593ED0C.5070700%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Kostya M

Jul 1, 2015, 10:02:17 AM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
Cryster

Pine Mizune

Jul 1, 2015, 10:02:23 AM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
I think it works for some language and for some not.

It might be so.

In Japan, Rubyist is famous word in Ruby comunity.
But I don't know that it is true in other country.
(Incidentally, most Japanese people may not understand that sound is good or not)

I've been asked how to call Crystal developers today.
I ended a little up troubled.

I think `Crystaler` (or `Crystalor`) is good in Japanese.
Thank you!

2015年7月1日水曜日 22時37分19秒 UTC+9 Bar Hofesh:

Pine Mizune

Jul 1, 2015, 11:34:37 AM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
I like Crystalline entity too xD

2015年7月1日水曜日 22時23分37秒 UTC+9 Pine Mizune:

TR NS

Jul 1, 2015, 11:57:03 AM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 11:34:37 AM UTC-4, Pine Mizune wrote:
I like Crystalline entity too xD

LOL. Crystalline Entities consume all others.

aborenszweig

Jul 1, 2015, 12:41:36 PM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com, pin...@gmail.com
I think Crystaler is good.

Oscar Campbell

Jul 1, 2015, 2:01:31 PM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
Crystaler and Crystalor was cool :) How about Crystalizer?

Only not Crystal Method Addict ;-)

Tobias Pfeiffer

Jul 1, 2015, 5:30:08 PM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
In Europe/USA it's also very common to say Rubyist. There is a very nice ring to it :)

signature.asc

Emmanuel Oga

Jul 1, 2015, 8:54:54 PM7/1/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com, pin...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 9:41:36 AM UTC-7, aborenszweig wrote:
I think Crystaler is good.

Crystians (pronounced, if it is not obvious, "Christians").

:-)

TR NS

Jul 2, 2015, 7:23:03 AM7/2/15
On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 8:54:54 PM UTC-4, Emmanuel Oga wrote:

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 9:41:36 AM UTC-7, aborenszweig wrote:
I think Crystaler is good.

Crystians (pronounced, if it is not obvious, "Christians").

:-)

or Crystaceans (pronounced, if it is not obvious, "crustaceans").

And then those most gifted can be given the exalting title "Rock Lobster" ;-)

nob

Jul 2, 2015, 1:05:40 PM7/2/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
Crystallian is Nice!

Cry●stal●li●an
('Krī-,stăl-lē-ən) is the language of the Crystal Guardians, an Ancient race of supernatural beings. Crystallian was first used on the Island of Gania (Gən-ēa).

Marc MICHEL

Aug 1, 2015, 8:58:57 AM8/1/15
to Crystal
Let's rename Crystal to Crystallian a call the Crystallian programmers Guardians :)

Russ Olsen

Aug 27, 2015, 3:21:42 PM8/27/15
to Crystal

Alan Michel Willms Quinot

Aug 28, 2015, 7:55:49 AM8/28/15
to Crystal
Anything but METH HEAD sounds great :-)

TR NS

Aug 31, 2015, 5:26:31 PM8/31/15
to Crystal

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 3:21:42 PM UTC-4, Russ Olsen wrote:

Very literal! :-)

TR NS

Aug 31, 2015, 5:27:18 PM8/31/15
to Crystal

On Friday, August 28, 2015 at 7:55:49 AM UTC-4, Alan Michel Willms Quinot wrote:
Anything but METH HEAD sounds great :-)

"Cry Baby"?

Alan Willms

Aug 31, 2015, 5:45:55 PM8/31/15
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
Ok, not EVERYthing...

canyonblue77

Jan 29, 2016, 11:28:29 PM1/29/16
to Crystal
I like Crystalographer, sounds almost professional,
Crystaleer (adventurous like a mountaineer) would get my first vote!

Crystalista... bitten right outta python... Weren't there monks in Perl or Ruby? LOL Crunks!

Crystal Implementer = Crymplementer shortened to Crymper... or is that too much like whimper?
Crystal Engineer = Cryngineer, too much like cringe
Crystal Writer = Cryter too much like biter or is that byter, ha!
Crystal Coder = Croder... now it's just starting to sound like body parts we shouldn't be talking about.
They're just getting worse!!

Seriously though, I very much like Crystaleer or Crystalographer

raydf

Jan 30, 2016, 4:28:00 PM1/30/16
to Crystal, alanw...@gmail.com
Crystaler looks nice.