AES optimization

vem...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 12:47:55 PM3/27/18
to Crypto++ Users
Is the optimization available only on Power, or Intel port also uses AES commands?

If and when PGP support is released, would it be AES optimized? Is AES optimization applicable to the code which will then implement PGP?

Thank you
ZV

Jeffrey Walton

Mar 27, 2018, 1:25:26 PM3/27/18
to Crypto++ Users

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 12:47:55 PM UTC-4, vem...@gmail.com wrote:
Is the optimization available only on Power, or Intel port also uses AES commands?

Crypto++ has hardware acceleration for AES on Intel x86, ARM aarch{32|64} and POWER8.

SHA hardware acceleration is available on the platforms, too.

Also see https://www.cryptopp.com/docs/ref/aes_8h.html#details and https://www.cryptopp.com/docs/ref/sha_8h.html#details .

If and when PGP support is released, would it be AES optimized? Is AES optimization applicable to the code which will then implement PGP?

Yes. Anything PGP related that relies on the AES classes would use hardware acceleration by default.

Jeff

vem...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 1:41:40 PM3/27/18
to Crypto++ Users
Jeff,

I was apparently confused by the line on the homepage which said AES for Power but did not mention Intel.

Do you have approximate ETA for the inclusion of PGP support? I will start learning the library now, but just curious when I can start using it.

Thank you!
ZV