Updating Web Servr and Wiki software

Jeffrey Walton

Oct 28, 2016, 4:40:23 PM10/28/16
to Crypto++ Users
Hi Everyone,

The "Internal Server Errors" have kind of reached critical mass. I can't update the documentation for many pages. Also see https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/95430/internal-server-error-enable-debugging-provides-no-additional-information.

I'm going to update the web server and wiki software. The site may be down from a few hours to a few days.

Jeff

Jeffrey Walton

Oct 29, 2016, 3:57:22 AM10/29/16
to Crypto++ Users

The "Internal Server Errors" have kind of reached critical mass. I can't update the documentation for many pages. Also see https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/95430/internal-server-error-enable-debugging-provides-no-additional-information.

I'm going to update the web server and wiki software. The site may be down from a few hours to a few days.

The upgrade is mostly complete. We are now at MediaWiki 1.26.4, which is the latest with PHP 5.4 compatibility. PHP 5.4 is provided by CentOS 7.

Three or four new Skins were installed, and a Mobile Extension was installed. Timeless and ModernSkylight skins are clean and simple with good flows, and they work well with Tablets. To switch to a mobile view, scroll to the bottom of a wiki page and select "Mobile View" or "Desktop View".

Some of the upload stuff is still broken from a round of hardening from a few months ago. Its not a priority at the moment because

I can scp a file up my home directory, and then copy it into wiki's filesystem.

Jeff