Invalid Parameter

Christopher M

Sep 15, 2016, 11:46:06 AM9/15/16
to Crypto++ Users
Hi.  I am trying to use the Crypto++ in a sample application, but I am getting the following error message:

In memory integrity check failed. This may be caused by debug breakpoints or DLL relocation.
Unhandled exception at 0x593D3472 (ucrtbase.dll) in Crypto.exe: An invalid parameter was passed to a function that considers invalid parameters fatal.

It is difficult to pinpoint, however, exactly where this error occurs.  From what I can tell, though, it is occurring in the Crypto++ filters.cpp file at the following bolded line:

void StreamTransformationFilter::NextPutMultiple(const byte *inString, size_t length)
{
size_t len = m_optimalBufferSize;
inString += len;

I am not sure why the code would attempt to add a size_t value to a const byte* value, but I could be incorrect.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank you.

Jeffrey Walton

Sep 15, 2016, 11:54:38 AM9/15/16
to Crypto++ Users

What version of Visual Studio?

If all you want is a DLL, then you might want to checkout 'cryptest.nmake' at http://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/blob/master/cryptest.nmake . I use it for testing the library from the command line ina static-lib configuration. You can probably use it as a starting point for a regular DLL.

Also see http://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/FIPS_DLL and http://cryptopp.com/wiki/Visual_Studio

Jeff

Christopher M

Sep 15, 2016, 8:03:21 PM9/15/16