Stream ciphers' algorithms with detailed explanation

Carlos Zaldivar Batista

Oct 17, 2017, 5:31:25 PM10/17/17
to Crypto++ Users
I'm a CS student and my group has been given a task to implement two stream ciphers and compare our implementation with some reference implementation. We decided to use crypto++ as our reference implementation and implement some algorithms from this library. Unfortunately we're not able to find detailed explanation on how ciphers like for example Panama or Sosemanuk work. Do you know where I can find such materials?
Best regards,
Carlos Zaldivar

Jeffrey Walton

Oct 17, 2017, 5:41:57 PM10/17/17
to Crypto++ Users

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 5:31:25 PM UTC-4, Carlos Zaldivar Batista wrote:
I'm a CS student and my group has been given a task to implement two stream ciphers and compare our implementation with some reference implementation. We decided to use crypto++ as our reference implementation and implement some algorithms from this library. Unfortunately we're not able to find detailed explanation on how ciphers like for example Panama or Sosemanuk work. Do you know where I can find such materials?

Wei usually worked from standards or academic papers. There used to be a site where he would maintain references, but I believe the site is no longer running.

These were the links provided in the Crypto++ 5.6.2 releases:

Jeff

Carlos Zaldivar Batista

Oct 18, 2017, 9:46:19 AM10/18/17
to Crypto++ Users
Ok, thank you, there are some references to articles in the wiki. I have another, maybe silly, question: what algorithms do you think would be the simplest to understand and later implement?
Carlos