HAVAL

Jeffrey Walton

May 31, 2007, 3:22:52 PM5/31/07
to Crypto++
Hi All/Wei,

I see HAVAL has been removed (and CRYPTOPP_ENABLE_NAMESPACE_WEAK does
not bring it back to life).

Any thoughts on using it? It is breaking some code I put together
which verifies HAVAL hashes (I'm not using it to create new hashes).

Jeff

Wei Dai

May 31, 2007, 3:37:41 PM5/31/07
to Jeffrey Walton, Crypto++
HAVAL was removed because it's been thoroughly broken and I thought nobody
was using it. It was removed before I came up with the "Weak" namespace
idea. I guess you must have missed my post that warned about its removal.

You can try using haval.h and haval.cpp from an earlier version.

Jeffrey Walton

May 31, 2007, 3:57:01 PM5/31/07
to Crypto++
Hi Wei,

> You can try using haval.h and haval.cpp from an earlier version.

Thank you very much.

Jeff

Mayank Srivastava

Mar 28, 2016, 3:08:12 AM3/28/16
to Crypto++ Users
Hello

I am facing same issue. I have added haval.cpp and haval.h file from earlier version but still I am facing error

Error    855    error C2259: 'CryptoPP::HAVAL' : cannot instantiate abstract class