link error lnk1104: cannot open file .....\cryptlib.lib

Arun Kumar

Nov 3, 2013, 3:36:18 PM11/3/13
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
what i did:
1. built crypto++5.6.2 in visual studio 2010 professional  by its crypttest solution file in win32 debug and release mode.
2.successfully built crypto++ without any errors.
3.i got cryptlib.lib object file library in crypto++-->win32-->output-->debug-->cryptlib.lib.
4.i opened a new project win32 console application empty project and added anew sheet named Tests.cpp.
5. i wrote my code and incuded all files successfully
6. i removed link errors and set runtime library as MTd.
7.and set vc++ directories-->include , source ,library directories path as ...\cryptlib.lib.
8.c/c++ -->additional include directories path as...\cryptlib.lib.
9.linker -->input-->additional dependencies path as...\cryptlib.lib.
10.but still i am getting link error lnk1104 as cannot open file.
where i am doing wrong?? how can i remove this error.
please help me with detailed explanations.
thank you.
cryptoPP.png

Rafael Vargas

Nov 4, 2013, 6:37:44 AM11/4/13
to Crypto++ Users
In  Linker->Input->AdditionalDependencies, You need to add only the library name ("cryptlib.lib");
And then in Linker->Input->General, you add the  path to the file (start trying with the full path).

--
Rafael Vargas

vineet jain

Nov 8, 2013, 1:00:53 AM11/8/13
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
I think in Additional dependencies you need to add full path of cryptlib.lib (which is c:\users\arun kumar\desktop\file\criptopp\criptopp\Tests\cryptopp\win32\output\debug\cryptlib.lib)

So you actually need to check if this file is present on this path( 'cryptopp' is the compiled project(folder) if i am not wrong which is placed inside your own project & is linked with it?)

Longhd

May 22, 2015, 3:18:51 AM5/22/15
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
Got the same problem whatever I add the full path of cryptlib.lib or file name with additional directory in Linker/input/general.
 "Error LNK1104 cannot open file 'cryptopp.lib' WindowsRuntimeComponent1"
Any idea how to fix this ?

Thanks,