CmakeList.txt Pull Request

Jeffrey Walton

Dec 8, 2015, 2:21:35 PM12/8/15
to Crypto++ Users
Hi Everyone,

We have a pull request for a CMakeList.txt at https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/pull/77.

This subject has been discussed in the past at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/cryptopp-users/cmakelist. Some folks wanted it, others did not.

Now that we have something to evaluate, I'd like to see where consensus lies. Do we:

  (1) accept it and distribute it?
  (2) make it an optional patch?
  (3) do nothing?

If folks feel (1) or (2) is appropriate, then we need comments on the pull request. There are four files in the request, but I'd like to focus on CmakeList.txt. The Travis integration will be a separate subject.

If (1) is the course of action, then it will need to work on a majority of platforms. I'll add it to my testing regime to ensure it mostly "just works" and does not have major gaps.

If (2) is the course of action, then I'll work with Александр and get it added to http://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Category:Patch.

Keep in mind that folks like Uri and I don't use Cmake, so it may not be as well maintained as say, Linux and Mac OS X. That effectively means the community owns it, and they will have to maintain it.

In the future, I would like to see Cmake as a coexisting foundation, especially for the mobile platforms. I don't like the one-off processes for Android, iOS, Embedded, Windows Phone and Windows RT. I want users to have a consistent experience across platforms and OSes, and it should "just work" for them.

Jeff

Alexander Shishenko

Dec 8, 2015, 6:41:28 PM12/8/15
to Crypto++ Users
I've edited this pull request. Now, it doesn't have .travis.yml, as it is a separate subject for discuss, and should be in a separate pull request. Also, I've found a workaround for doxygen, so we don't need Doxygen.in anymore.
So, 2 files left. They are pretty simple and easy to maintain.