Crypto++ package recompilation for Ubuntu

Илья Бизяев

May 26, 2015, 5:52:28 AM5/26/15
to g...@debian.hu, cryptop...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr Boszormenyi,
I am writing with regard to a recent GCC update for the Ubuntu 15.04 (not sure if other versions received it).
The crypto++9 package in the default repository was compiled with another ABI (1002), which is now outdated due to major GCC update (GCC 5.1.1, ABI 1008). As far as I understand, you are the original maintainer of this package. Could it be possible for you to recompile it in order to suit the latest GCC?
Yours sincerely,
Ilya Bizyaev.

Jeffrey Walton

Jun 1, 2015, 2:26:55 AM6/1/15
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com, g...@debian.hu

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 5:52:28 AM UTC-4, Ilya Bizyaev wrote:
I am writing with regard to a recent GCC update for the Ubuntu 15.04 (not sure if other versions received it).
The crypto++9 package in the default repository was compiled with another ABI (1002), which is now outdated due to major GCC update (GCC 5.1.1, ABI 1008). As far as I understand, you are the original maintainer of this package. Could it be possible for you to recompile it in order to suit the latest GCC?
I think you are supposed to file a bug report through LaunchPad (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libcrypto%2B%2B).

I don't think the package maintainers follow the list. Alex (the Fedora maintainer) is an exception, not the rule.

Ilya Bizyaev

Jun 1, 2015, 3:14:47 AM6/1/15
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com, g...@debian.hu
I have found out that the default GCC version for Ubuntu is still 4.9.2, so, its update to 5.1.1 was not correct on my PC. That was probably a mistake of ubuntu-software-updater, or something wrong on Russian Ubuntu server. So, I had to manually set 4.9.2 as the default version.
I am deeply sorry for this, excuse me.