Coverity Scan results available

Jeffrey Walton

Sep 21, 2016, 11:24:53 PM9/21/16
to Crypto++ Users
Hi Everyone,

New Coverity Scan results are available at https://scan.coverity.com/projects/cryptopp.

Earlier in the week I ran a few scans against x86_64 to test the Integer changes (re: Issue 274). We picked up five findings. Three appeared to be false positives, and two were valid, give or take. We cleared the two that appeared been valid.

We ran another scan today against i686. We picked up one finding, but I believe its a false positive or a C++ runtime issue in stringstream. The finding concerns a tainted scalar when running the benchmarks and converting argv[2] into an integer value. Its not present on x86_64.

The count is holding strong at 1 outstanding defect.

Jeff