MinGW

Matias Blanc

Feb 2, 2017, 1:14:14 PM2/2/17
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
To whomever receives this, hello.

I am currently using CodeBlocks with MinGW (v4.9, i believe) and I need to add the cryptopp library to this for a school decryption project. I am a newbie when it comes to the whole setup of compilers and adding the files to where and this Makefile everyone speaks of.

I looked at the few instructions out there of adding cryptopp to MinGW, but they are pretty outdated. When I try to follow them, I don't see what they are referring to and I don't know the terminology to understand what's actually going on to figure it out myself. I am not a Computer or Digital Forensic major, just an Electrical Engineer that thought this was very interesting and is taking it as an elective. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Matias Blanc

Jeffrey Walton

Feb 2, 2017, 6:53:29 PM2/2/17
to Crypto++ Users

I looked at the few instructions out there of adding cryptopp to MinGW, but they are pretty outdated.

Yeah, MinGW has been abandoned. It is no longer maintained.

Are you married to MinGW, or do you have other choices? If you have other options, then Cygwin is a good choice for the Windows-on-Linux thing.

Also, if you have the choice, Windows-on-Windows is even better. Just use the Visual Studio project files. You can also use MSBuild, too. For MSBuild, all you need are the VC++ Build Tools, and not the entire Visual Studio. Also see https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Visual_Studio and https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/MSBuild_(Command_Line).