.lib file

Randy

Jun 28, 2012, 4:39:58 PM6/28/12
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
I just downloaded crypto++ library (5.6.1) and am trying to install it with code::blocks on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. According to my code::blocks instructions, I need to link to a .lib file. However, when I look for such a file among the folders that were downloaded, no such file exists. Does anybody know how to get code::blocks to recognize this library or where I can find a .lib file for crypto++.

Thanks.

Jeffrey Walton

Jul 1, 2012, 12:20:56 PM7/1/12
to Crypto++ Users
You have to build the library.

I'm not sure what Codeblocks on Windows looks like, so I can't suggest
how to build the library.

Randy

Jul 9, 2012, 12:58:55 AM7/9/12
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. After much googling, I finally understand the process. Seems stupid in hindsight, but we all gotta start somewhere.

Walter Villalba

Jul 9, 2012, 9:30:25 PM7/9/12
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Randy,  I replied to your early post about this about ten days ago, but I did it via email (instead of a post using the Google Groups website) and the subject of the thread was changed, so you may have missed it.  I'm pasting my reply below in case it's still useful for you.

-------------------------------------

The cryptlib.lib  file is the static library, and you create it yourself using the crypto++ source code.   Then you statically link your own code against this library in order to use the crypto++ features (of course, the other option is to use the DLL).

This tutorial, although oudated, it's very complete:    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/16388/Compiling-and-Integrating-Crypto-into-the-Microsof   See some discussion about v 5.6.1 at the end of it.

Also, the Crypto++ wiki contains many examples. Hope this helps.

Walt.

Randy

Jul 10, 2012, 12:42:44 AM7/10/12
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Walter. I've been insanely busy, so I apologise for not replying to your email. I gave up on Visual Studio and went back to code::blocks, which I prefer anyway. I only started in VS because I couldn't figure out what to do in code::blocks. Now I understand the process (I think), but I still don't quite have the library installed.

If you don't mind, please take a look at my other post on this group where I have the results of my make process, which crashes for some reason.

Thanks again!
Randy

Nabil Abdoun

Apr 10, 2015, 9:43:28 AM4/10/15
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
Hello Randy,
Can you post the process to link crypto++ library to code::blocks?
Thank you

Ilya Bizyaev

May 2, 2015, 6:01:18 AM5/2/15
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
Cannot connect the crypopp.lib file to my application. GCC says that references to ~45 objects are not defined.