CentOS 7 VM, Python, PHP and Mediawiki update

Jeffrey Walton

Jun 24, 2017, 4:45:46 PM6/24/17
to Crypto++ Users
Hi Everyone,

We have a CentOS 7 VM. It hosts the website, Doxygen manual and the Wiki.

The wiki runs Mediawiki version 1.26.4. Its got few open security issues. We can't update at the moment because Mediawiki 1.28 and above needs newer versions of PHP and Python. And we should probably jump to Mediawiki 1.30 because its a LTS.

Our current versions are PHP 5.4.16 and Python 2.7.5; and we need PHP 5.5 and above. I thought we also need Python 3, but I can't find the req at the moment.

There's a few different ways to approach the problem of getting more up-to-date software on the system, from building sources to foreign repos. My concern is breaking a production server.

My question is, has anyone updated PHP and Python on CentOS 7 for a production server? If so, can you detail the strategy you used.

Jeff