Context Menu Mixup

Shawn

May 6, 2012, 7:48:35 PM5/6/12
to crpor...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed in the new version that you just uploaded, that the context menu is labeled wrong.  Like if you right click on an icon in the bookmark toolbar, the top command should be to open in a new tab, but it says 'Unable to connect to the internet'.  But selecting that does open the link in a new window.  The screenshot attached is the right click of an icon in the bookmark toolbar.  The other menus are mixed up as well.  Thanks.
Screenshot - 5-6-2012 , 19_46_17.jpg

Aluísio Augusto Silva Gonçalves

May 6, 2012, 7:54:32 PM5/6/12
to crpor...@googlegroups.com
Definitely doesn't look with what I see over here. Can you send a screenshot of the entire window?

Shawn Adam

May 6, 2012, 8:45:01 PM5/6/12
to crpor...@googlegroups.com
I got it working now.  When there is a new version, I just copy the 'App' folder over.  But this time I copied the 'Data' folder into the brand new install, and it worked.  Weird, but all is well now.  Thanks for the help.

If I may ask, is there a way to automatically clear the Chromium Cache when it is closed, but not an extension.  I see to remember there being something in put in an '.ini' file that would do this, maybe something in the file to disable the splash screen.

No trees were destroyed by sending this message.
However, a significant number of electrons were sorely inconvenienced.

Aluísio Augusto Silva Gonçalves

May 6, 2012, 9:17:33 PM5/6/12
to crpor...@googlegroups.com, shaw...@googlemail.com
I still don't understand what happened, but as it's already fixed...

As for the cache, you can put it the local drive by adding a line with LocalDiskCache=yes to the ChromiumPortable.ini file which lies in the same folder as ChromiumPortable.exe (create it if necessary).

Also, to update Chromium Portable, you can just install it over the previous install (i.e. in the folder where the App and Data folders are), as the installer will handle the upgrade correctly, and will make any required changes to your data in order to keep them compatible with the new version.
Just beware that, when using the folder selection dialog, it will automatically append '\ChromiumPortable' to the path you've selected. Just remove it in the text box.

P.S.: If I understood correctly, you did copy the App folder from the old install into the new install?