quick note from Nepal

Paola Di Maio

Aug 15, 2014, 12:48:53 AM8/15/14
to crisis...@googlegroups.com, CrisisMappers
Greetings Crisis commoners and crisis mappers

During recent travels in northern India, I met one Nepali tourist
guide who as involved in rescue operations in the Kinnaur disaster
last year

Ho told me that many nepalis (possibly hundred) were affected by the landslides
http://archive.dailypioneer.com/nation/six-bodies-of-nepalese-labourers-found-in-kinnaur.html

Substantial aid (up to 5 lakhs per family plus replacement utensils
and supplies etc went to indian citizens from the indian govt, the
aid was distributed also among citizens who had not suffered losses)

He said Nepali families who lost the breadwinners in the disaster, received no
relief whatsoever from anyone

He asked me if I could do something

I have not personally verified the claim, although the condition of
nepali migrant workers
are no secret

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/world/asia/in-nepal-a-better-life-with-a-steep-price.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

What I can do, is a post a note to this list,
so if anyone is interested /able to help
I can provide his phone number and email address so that he can be
contacted directly

he said he can supply
a list of names of families in Nepal still waiting to hear that
agencies can contact directly

Thanks in advance for any interest you may take in this issue

PDM