Boston Explosion CrisisCamp

Myn

Apr 15, 2013, 5:17:30 PM4/15/13
to crisisca...@googlegroups.com, Cris Concepcion, Dan Powell
Is there anything planned/etc in response to today?

Best wishes with you all.
Jessamyn

Lyre Calliope

Apr 15, 2013, 5:40:47 PM4/15/13
to crisisca...@googlegroups.com, Cris Concepcion, Dan Powell
The answer is, not yet. I'm still a little shaken and not fully prepared to think through all that on my own.

I had organized a meetup within a block of the blast site for this evening at 7pm sooooo... I guess I now have some free time.

I'll set up a Google Hangout for 7pm and if anyone wants to discuss the possibility of convening a CrisisCamp for this weekend, they can join in. I'll post the link in this thread in an hour or so.

-Lyre Calliope

Jonathan Wilde

Apr 15, 2013, 6:13:32 PM4/15/13
to crisisca...@googlegroups.com, Cris Concepcion, Dan Powell
A couple of us at Tufts are assembling a concise, well-sourced public Google Doc about the entire situation:

https://docs.google.com/a/speedbreeze.com/document/d/1ZcG7RswYonZdjF4V-0tBcNZa6k2KFVU6q5b75bf6ACE/edit#

The streams are getting really hard to follow and have terrible signal-noise ratio.

Very much not ready for prime-time. Give us a few minutes to finish writing a v1. Please let me know if you're interested in helping write and update.

--Jonathan

Captain Lyre Calliope

Apr 15, 2013, 6:43:14 PM4/15/13
to crisisca...@googlegroups.com, Cris Concepcion, Dan Powell
Alright, I've set up a G+ event tied to a Hangout. Jumping in now: https://plus.google.com/events/cumsv1v8i28earg8ctpoqd0o1mg

-Lyre Calliope

Om Geo

Apr 16, 2013, 7:54:47 AM4/16/13
to crisisca...@googlegroups.com, Cris Concepcion, Dan Powell
Jes, I'd like to do something. Thinking vigil at one of the hospitals (Mass General?)

If you have ideas/suggestions please let me know.

Om Geo

Apr 16, 2013, 11:26:37 AM4/16/13
to crisisca...@googlegroups.com, Cris Concepcion, Dan Powell
There are vigils tonight at Arlington St. Church, Boston 6pm and tomorrow at 8pm in the Boston Common

Cris Concepcion

Apr 16, 2013, 11:39:10 AM4/16/13
to crisisca...@googlegroups.com, Cris Concepcion, Dan Powell
has anyone thought about the public call for images and videos to be submitted to authorities investigating the attack?   I'm wondering if there would be ways to crowdsource the forensic analysis.

also another consideration would be to crawl or review various bootstrap contribution sites like Indiegogo or GoFundMe and see if there are individuals who've been affected by the tragedy who need assistance with emergency room bills or other medical expenses.  Come up with a registry so that donors who wish to support the victims can aid them directly.

Om Goeckermann

Apr 17, 2013, 12:43:08 AM4/17/13
to Cris Concepcion, crisisca...@googlegroups.com, Dan Powell
Yes it has been widely reported locally and they were asking people as they left town via airport.

om