upgrade to 2.5.0 -- provider type 'alfresco' not found.

Deepesh Nandal

Oct 1, 2015, 7:01:28 AM10/1/15
to CrafterCMS
Hi There,
  We are trying to upgrade our existing setup to crafter 2.5.0 . We currently are on 2.4 and as a first step trying to upgrade only crafter so it works with alfresco 4.2.  I downloaded crafter-studio-install and trying to set this up. I changed configuration so studio works with alfresco by making following changes to
/apache-tomcat/shared/classes/crafter/cstudio/extension/server-config.properties

#crafter.deployer.deployRoot=.
#crafter.deployer.metaDataRoot=

crafter.deployer.remote.enabled=true
crafter.deployer.server=localhost
crafter.deployer.port=9191
crafter.deployer.target=preview
crafter.deployer.password=admin
crafter.engine.search.server.url=http://localhost:9090/crafter-search

# default repository is file system
# repositoryType=default
# securityType=default
# repository.diskImplementation.path=./data/repo

# ALF REPO 4.2
repositoryType=alfresco
securityType=alfresco
repositoryJob.username=admin
repositoryJob.password=*****
studio.db.platform=mysql
studio.db.username=root
studio.db.password=******
studio.db.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
studio.db.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/${studio.db.name}?useUnicode=yes&characterEncoding=UTF-8

environment=local

authoringDomain=authoring.domain.com

I have also dropped alfresco and share war files at correct places and configured it's properties file to how it is on current live setup.

However when I start the server it stucks when it tries to load studio context and keeps throwing following error that "provider type 'alfresco' not found" :

Please advice what configuration I might be missing here.

Thanks,

org.quartz.JobExecutionException: Error executing script job at /scripts/jobs/every-5-minutes/content-monitoring.groovy [See nested exception: org.craftercms.engine.exception.ScriptException: provider type 'alfresco' not found.  Check server config.]
at org.craftercms.engine.scripting.impl.ScriptJob.execute(ScriptJob.java:43)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573)
Caused by: org.craftercms.engine.exception.ScriptException: provider type 'alfresco' not found.  Check server config.
at org.craftercms.engine.scripting.impl.GroovyScript.execute(GroovyScript.java:56)
at org.craftercms.engine.scripting.impl.ScriptJob.execute(ScriptJob.java:41)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: provider type 'alfresco' not found.  Check server config.
at org.craftercms.studio.impl.v1.service.security.MappedSecurityProvider.lookupProvider(MappedSecurityProvider.java:61)
at org.craftercms.studio.impl.v1.service.security.MappedSecurityProvider.authenticate(MappedSecurityProvider.java:91)
at org.craftercms.studio.impl.v1.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.authenticate(SecurityServiceImpl.java:53)
at org.craftercms.studio.api.v1.service.security.SecurityService$authenticate.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:110)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:130)
at content-monitoring.run(content-monitoring.groovy:31)
at groovy.util.GroovyScriptEngine.run(GroovyScriptEngine.java:589)
at org.craftercms.engine.scripting.impl.GroovyScript.execute(GroovyScript.java:50)
... 3 more

Deepesh Nandal

Oct 1, 2015, 9:11:15 AM10/1/15
to CrafterCMS
Hi again,
   Could it be the fact that I am trying to load alfresco and studio application within same tomcat and 'studio' context is loaded first and it is unable to find alfresco running at localhost:8080/alfresco because it is NOT loaded yet ?

Thanks,

Deepesh Nandal.

Deepesh Nandal

Oct 8, 2015, 6:25:05 AM10/8/15
to CrafterCMS
Hi,
    Still waiting for your reply on this.

I can confirm if I remove studio.war from webapps and run tomcat ,both /alfresco and /share runs fine ,so alfresco is configured and setup correctly. However when I drop in studio.war and restart tomcat it pauses /alfresco and /share too . Shall /studio be run under a separate tomcat instance altogether ?

Please advice

Thanks,
Deepesh Nandal.

Russ Danner

Oct 8, 2015, 9:35:41 PM10/8/15
to Deepesh Nandal, CrafterCMS
Hi Deepesh,

This should not be a issue.  That said I would as a best practice run the two servers in different tomcats.  It just simplifies dependencies, upgrades, etc.

Studio has configuration in TOMCAT/shared/classes/crafter when you put Studio in the Alfresco tomcat did you also place the proper config in shared/classes?

----
Russ Danner, Vice President, Products

Deepesh Nandal

Oct 9, 2015, 2:29:39 AM10/9/15
to CrafterCMS, deepesh...@gmail.com
Hi Russ,
   Thanks for the reply.
Yep I ensured all config files are in proper place shared/classes/crafter/studio and alfresco login details are correct too, but same result it doesn't finish loading studio context and keeps throwing error about alfresco as I described earlier.
However when I run alfresco in a separate tomcat container it works fine , no complains and issues. I am running alfresco 4.2 and NOT alfresco 5.x . We will proceed with two Tomcat container setup for time being ,I will update this if I am able to work them within same container.

Regards,

Deepesh Nandal.

Russ Danner

Oct 9, 2015, 7:04:22 PM10/9/15
to Deepesh Nandal, CrafterCMS
Please try the latest community build (see artifacts tab)

----
Russ Danner, Vice President, Products