Logo Not Getting Uploaded

Anand Mohan Singh

Apr 30, 2014, 8:28:29 AM4/30/14
to craft...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
  Each time I try to upload Logo through the option given under 'More' link, it fails. In the log it gives the following exception :-
2014-Apr-30 12:23:36,305  ERROR [extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime] Exception from executeScript - redirecting to status template error: 03300087 Script url /slingshot/application/uploadlogo;jsessionid=9F0AE02598626F0AF76DE06BB770F57D does not map to a Web Script.
org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.WebScriptException: 03300087 Script url /slingshot/application/uploadlogo;jsessionid=9F0AE02598626F0AF76DE06BB770F57D does not map to a Web Script.
        at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime.executeScript(AbstractRuntime.java:173)
        at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.servlet.WebScriptServlet.service(WebScriptServlet.java:118)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.GlobalLocalizationFilter.doFilter(GlobalLocalizationFilter.java:58)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I am uploading the picture in version 2.2. I am attaching the screenshot also.

Regards,
Anand Mohan Singh
Image_Upload_Error.png

Russ Danner

Apr 30, 2014, 2:22:10 PM4/30/14
to Anand Mohan Singh, craftercms
Anand I created a ticket for this and assigned it to an engineer to investigate when they can.
http://issues.craftercms.org/browse/CRAFTERCMS-793

----
Russ Danner, Vice President, Products

Dejan Brkic

May 2, 2014, 11:55:14 AM5/2/14
to craft...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

Upload Logo functionality has a bug in Alfresco's 4.0 community edition. Crafter 2.2 version works with Alfresco 4.0, so this bug is included in Crafter community version. This bug is fixed in Alfresco's enterprise version, meaning it does not exist in Crafter 2.2 enterprise version.
Switching to enterprise version will fix this problem. Another option is to try to patch manually this bug (i believe bug is in some javascript code handling upload request)

Regards,
Dejan

Anand Mohan Singh

May 2, 2014, 2:38:31 PM5/2/14
to craft...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dejan. Is the issue fix in Alfresco Community Edition 4.2 which comes with Crafter 2.4 release ? If yes we can try to update in case Enterprise edition doesn't become viable.

Regards,
Anand Mohan Singh

Dejan Brkic

May 2, 2014, 5:23:25 PM5/2/14
to craft...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

Seems like this issue still exists in Alfresco Community Edition 4.2. And per this thread:
Users are reporting on enterprise edition also. I was able to reproduce logo upload failure on both community and enterprise editions for 4.2 Alfresco version. And to complicate problem even more, there is no error in any logs. Let me investigate more on this problem, and i will let you know if i find way around this issue.

Regards,
Dejan

Dejan Brkic

May 5, 2014, 11:38:02 AM5/5/14
to craft...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

I have made more research on upload logo issue. I have tested it on different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). When i was testing on firefox issue was there, but when i switched to other browsers issue was gone, and upload dialog looked different. That made me suspect that still seeing issue on firefox is because of firefox cache and browsing history.
I can confirm you now that upload logo issue is fixed in Alfresco Community Edition 4.2 (and enterprise). You can upgrade to Crafter 2.4 (bundled with alfresco 4.2). If possible, i recommend you to make clean install of Crafter 2.4 instead of upgrading from 2.2 to 2.4. Upgrade will require some additional steps (including update jdk to java 7).

Regards,
Dejan

Anand Mohan Singh

May 5, 2014, 11:53:16 AM5/5/14
to craft...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dejan,
  We do have the Crafter Upgradation in pipeline. I can't say whether we will be able too clean install due to data, but whatever will be the result I will update the blog. Thanks once again.

Regards,
Anand Mohan Singh