Chehalem today

dave_blizzard

Oct 19, 2014, 10:37:54 AM10/19/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Looks good again.  I'll be there about noon.

vince price

Oct 19, 2014, 11:27:19 AM10/19/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dirk and I will be there today.

jeff (JJ) johnson

Oct 19, 2014, 11:38:21 AM10/19/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dave, I've never flown there but would love to join you guys. I have no idea where to meet up since the site info doesn't give an address. 503-720-7122

Stan Mordensky

Oct 19, 2014, 12:31:54 PM10/19/14
to dave blizzard, Cascade Paragliding Club
Yaquina is completely blown out. Strong chance I'm headed your way, Dave.

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 7:37 AM, dave_blizzard <davemb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looks good again.  I'll be there about noon.

Steve Forslund

Oct 19, 2014, 1:39:39 PM10/19/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Gusts to 45 at the coast, very windy aloft. Bring your speedbar and or hang glider and be prepared to fly wind without much lift if you get up. It could be ok (probably earlier) but often with wind aloft forecast it s not much fun unless the wind stays way up above. I might be more tempted to try Peterson Butte. Anything would be better then another weekend working in a mall. Hopefully someone can get some flying and maybe some photos of nice fall colors.

SF

Stan Mordensky

Oct 19, 2014, 1:45:36 PM10/19/14
to Steve Forslund, Cascade Paragliding Club
Peterson looks great for today, but it's closed.

Stan Mordensky

Oct 19, 2014, 1:53:27 PM10/19/14
to Steve Forslund, Cascade Paragliding Club
Chehalem looks really good, but I won't make it after all.

Stan

David Le

Oct 19, 2014, 2:05:29 PM10/19/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Woke up to rain at CLO and Oceanside. Headed to Chehalem.

Bill Briskey

Oct 19, 2014, 2:27:58 PM10/19/14
to CPC Paragliding Portland

I'm headed there too - leaving in an hour from Corvallis if anyone wants a ride.

Jim Dukes

Oct 19, 2014, 10:51:21 PM10/19/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
What a beautiful day.  Quite a few pilots out and some found the lift for awhile.  I enjoyed watching and absorbing the site knowledge.
I decided not to fly after seeing some close encounters with trees..I'll get more mileage in before trying this site.
Got a handful of pics though:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/105052764493645806399/albums/6072099919290926817

Jim Dukes

Oct 19, 2014, 11:15:53 PM10/19/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
I guess I never use Google photos and thus need to learn to share a link properly. Perhaps this will work better:
https://plus.google.com/photos/105052764493645806399/albums/6072099919290926817?authkey=CL-y3erWiqX7XQ

skf...@effectnet.com

Oct 20, 2014, 12:43:36 AM10/20/14
to jandp...@gmail.com, cp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the photos. Chehalem can be straight forward and tricky at other times. It is a shallow ridge and often no wind below so the wind hitting the ridge has little vertical component.

Steve Forslund

Sent on the new Sprint Network