2018 Holiday Party

Message has been deleted

Roby Sargent

Nov 16, 2018, 3:13:20 AM11/16/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club

Hello CPC family & friends!

As Vince posted, our combined multi-cultural Holiday Party will be held on Saturday December 1st this year. Ralph Ezagui has once again kindly offered to host the party; this year at his renovated home.

We invite you all to join us for this annual event filled with good cheer & great food and share in a wonderful time with friends & family. I’m sure that there will be many gifts and White Elephant gifts worthy of being stolen… J Especially if you’ve never had the chance to attend I hope you will be able to join us this year!

It’s a children friendly party but please leave your critters at home (or arrange to keep them cozy & warm in your car).

A few different ideas were considered for the party venue, but I think the best was saved for last—so this year we will continue the tradition of having a “Pot-Luck” feast (but it wouldn’t be a feast without everyone’s contribution--so please bring something to add to the feast). The club will provide Ham, Vegetable Lasagna, a few side dishes, chips and nibbles & Salad.

Additional details are as follows:

Date & Time:

Saturday Dec 1st-- anytime from about 7 pm till ????

Place:

The address is 6535 Palomino Way, West Linn, OR 97968

How to get there:

Here’s a link to Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/6535+Palomino+Way,+West+Linn,+OR+97068/@45.3749568,-122.6425873,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x549573fcebb63d09:0x930e50aded76ba4d!8m2!3d45.3749531!4d-122.6403932

What to bring:

BYO beverage(s) of choice

Also bring something to contribute to the “Pot-Luck” feast. This could be anything from a side dish, desert, appetizer, soup, stew, taters or cheese to a small or medium sized portion of a main dish. Basically, it’s up to you to decide but please bring something you think would be nice to eat:-)

Gift exchange:

It’s so much fun when everyone can participate--so please bring a gift for the gift exchange! If there are six people in your family or group of friends all coming together—please bring six gifts so everyone can go home with something. There are several members of the club that always bring extra white elephants to fill in the gap just in case someone has come at the last minute and didn’t have the chance to get anything, but there have been some years that we haven’t had enough (which is a drag).

Santa’s recommendations/guidelines: anything at least= $10.00 value (or more—it’s your choice). It can be a "normal" type of gift or a "White Elephant" type of gift; whatever you're in the mood to bring. Please note though that if it's a White Elephant gift there are some requirements: it can be odd, interesting, strange, weird, unique, funny, something that you didn't really want and perhaps received as a gift but want to re-gift (or any combination of these things) --but please do not gift any junk or garbage!!

If you’ve never been to the party, you might not be aware of the CPC tradition (it’s been continuing for many years) to package gifts in odd/abnormal packaging. For instance—the box looks like it’s a Flat Screen TV but when you open it up, Surprise!! it turns out it’s a blanket! Or it looks like a giant-sized gift-but actually there’s a small one inside the giant box. Anyway, if at all possible keep up this tradition. It really makes the gift exchange all the more enjoyable J

Parking:

There shouldn’t be any problems but you’ll need to find a place to park on the street(s) nearby, since garage area/driveway parking will need to be reserved for Ralph & his family, & Santa & the party Elves….

So—ok then!! We look forward to seeing you all there ;-)

In the meantime—all the very best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Dirk Larson

Nov 26, 2018, 4:37:08 PM11/26/18
to Roby Sargent, Cascade Paragliding Club
Now I see it. Looking forward to seeing everyone!