NW flight report

Steve Forslund

Jul 21, 2014, 11:51:57 AM7/21/14
to CPC Groups
It felt great to be back and flying in the NW. Patti and I joined Jim
Wagner and other locals at Blanchard on Sunday. Light ridge lift and
even lighter bubbles off the deciduous trees under cloud cover. It felt
great to be able to scratch and I worked hard to try and climb but the
small, half wing at times, thermals were drifting at the same slope as
the terrain. Lots of weaving around trees and quick decisions when
falling out if I should tighten up or turn flat to keep out of the tree
tops.

Today looks like it could be a good day for tiger

SF
Sunday scratch fest.JPG