Hood River

Bill Briskey

Jul 22, 2014, 11:55:57 AM7/22/14
to CPC Paragliding Portland
I could have tried to pick a better day, but I'm headed up to Hood
River for a meeting and am going to take my wing. Obviously
conditions don't look ideal, but if a miracle occurs where the weather
participates and someone else happens to be in the area, give me a
call. I should be free to fly after 2pm or so. I'm sure I'll just
use my wing for a pillow since my harness doesn't have the cup holder
mod, but I can always hope.
Bill B
541-286-5465

CB

Jul 23, 2014, 12:34:37 AM7/23/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
BINGEN CLOSES SATURDAY FOR FIRE SEASON

Bill Briskey

Jul 23, 2014, 10:09:48 AM7/23/14
to CPC Paragliding Portland
i attempted to meet up with Travis P to fly Bingen but the wind was
better for kite boarding. So Travis played on the water and I spent a
couple hours going through WAAAM www.waaamuseum.org to see one of the
best exhibits ever of functioning air and ground vehicles.
Representatives from the Smithsonian were aghast at learning that many
of these antiques are brought out regularly and flown/driven instead
of kept carefully preserved, hanging just out of reach. The second
Saturday of each month is a "play day" where they bring out different
items and fly/drive them around. I highly recommend it to those who
have any interest in history. There are also lots of WW!! Army and
Air Force things like tanks, guns, gliders, etc. Many folks have
donated their collections to the museum so there are lots of
"one-of-a-kind" items there. Think about it the next time conditions
aren't flyable. And if you land there at the airport, you can camp
and shower free.