Conditions of Club and List.

Discover Paragliding!

Nov 22, 2014, 8:09:26 PM11/22/14
to Cascade Paragliding Club
It was my understanding that occasional advertisement was OK. Quite honestly it didn't occur to me that sharing that we are going might offend some or event that it was advertisement. So to those few people I apologize.

It might be a good thing to clarify these sorts of details on the club newsletter group page which currently has this description.

"The Portland Oregon based Paragliding and Hang Gliding Club Terms: Anonymous posts are not allowed, new members must provide their real names."

Perhaps include "absolutely no business based activity on this list".

The club website is also vague in this area and suggests this:

"Membership in the Cascade Paragliding Club is open to anyone involved or interested in the sports of paragliding and hang gliding. Annual dues are $30 for individuals, $38 for families living at the same address. "

Perhaps we should take a club vote to change the written bylaws of the club to exclude all business or commercial activity? I can promptly delete my Discover Paragliding account, and perhaps Maren and I would sign up individually. Let us know. Happy to oblige and act according to the choice of the current club majority.

Brad
--

See you up there,

Brad and Maren
Your 'Couple' of Instructors
www.DiscoverParagliding.com
503-861-2772 (W) 503-440-0733 (c)

Reed Gleason

Nov 22, 2014, 8:57:13 PM11/22/14
to bradan...@discoverparagliding.com, cp...@googlegroups.com

Heh.  No, Dave was in a bad mood.  Commercial messages are fine as long as they are about paragliding.  We want to know that stuff.

If we start getting ten Tupperware ads per day we’ll worry about it.

submissivewolf.jpg