If the wind turns, Silver Star looks pretty good today....

Michael Cook

Aug 26, 2016, 12:12:58 PM8/26/16
to Cascade Paragliding Club
The MM5 and TJ Windgram look pretty solid. Right now showing NE but most forecasts show that turning NW. MM5 shows lift up to around 10k if I am reading it right.

Michael Coppock

Aug 26, 2016, 12:39:34 PM8/26/16
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Yes looks good. I'll probably plan to try to be on launch Saturday around 3 PM, unless I run into other commitments. Michael.

Mark Sanzone

Aug 26, 2016, 1:04:14 PM8/26/16
to Cascade Paragliding Club, groov...@gmail.com
I'm interested but the high temps are discouraging for the hike up.

On Friday, August 26, 2016, 9:12 AM, Michael Cook <groov...@gmail.com> wrote:

The MM5 and TJ Windgram look pretty solid. Right now showing NE but most forecasts show that turning NW. MM5 shows lift up to around 10k if I am reading it right.

Solomon Reisberg

Aug 26, 2016, 11:15:00 PM8/26/16
to Cascade Paragliding Club, groov...@gmail.com

Silverstar was great today -- a lovely first day back in PDX on vacation. Launched at 3pm to strong, cross, NNW cycles, and an unappealing-looking sky covered in cirrus. Was surprised when I easily climbed in strong, organized thermals to over 9000'. Would have been an amazing day to go XC, although I stayed local, landed after ~90 minutes and resumed enjoying hiking with my mother. Seriously considering heading back tomorrow for more (although the lapse rate doesn't look quite as exceptional).

Sol

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 10:04:14 AM UTC-7, Mark Sanzone wrote:
I'm interested but the high temps are discouraging for the hike up.
Mark

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone