Chehalem? (and a Newberg webcam link)

Neil Clark

Jan 22, 2017, 11:53:16 AM1/22/17
to OHGA list, CPC List

I'm probably going to Newberg around noon.  Anyone else have plans?

Here's a useful webcam link in Newberg.  It captures the east end of the ridge, so you can get an idea if cloudbase is above the ridge.  And there's a wind indicator, showing possibly good strength and direction.

http://lewisav.com/resources/99w-traffic-cam/

Cheers,

Neil

dave_blizzard

Jan 22, 2017, 1:51:17 PM1/22/17
to Cascade Paragliding Club, ohga...@yahoogroups.com
Gregg and I are interested but it looks too strong.  Got skunked at Chehalem by strong winds just the other day.  Would you mind giving me a call at (503)828-6689 if its flyable - I'm not far away. Thanks.

Neil Clark

Jan 22, 2017, 2:02:16 PM1/22/17
to Cascade Paragliding Club, ohga...@yahoogroups.com
Will do, Dave.  I should get there about noon.  Other hangs have gone to Petersons.
-Neil

rick...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2017, 2:57:51 PM1/22/17
to neil...@hotmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
Blowing 30-35 mph at PB. 4 hangs are waiting at launch.

Rick 11:57

Mark Sanzone

Jan 22, 2017, 3:25:13 PM1/22/17
to rick...@gmail.com, neil...@hotmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
Sounds good, you go first, ha ha....

rick...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2017, 4:50:28 PM1/22/17
to Mark Sanzone, neil...@hotmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
got my first skunked of 2017 today at Peterson. Winds were blowing 30-45mph. Everybody left already.

Rick
1:50pm.

Neil Clark

Jan 22, 2017, 9:53:48 PM1/22/17
to Cascade Paragliding Club, ohga...@yahoogroups.com

Getting skunked might have been the better decision, given how sketchy my launch was.  Quite turbulent!  Bit of a workout once up too.  Some nice lift here and there, but any more than three or four circles and I'd have been going OTB with no other option.  Thanks for the help on launch, John!  Thanks for the ride back up, Greg and Rob!
-Neil