Flight reports

Mark Sanzone

Sep 15, 2017, 12:47:59 PM9/15/17
to Cascade Paragliding Club, Ray Berger
Posts have been few and far between.  I know some get posted on FB but some members are not on FB.

Here is one:
I had my first flight in a "sport aircraft" (Trike) yesterday out of Lenhardt's Airpark thanks to Ray Berger.
A bit colder and bumpier than I expected, but fun. (Not the first or last time I have under dressed for a flight)
Cruising speed was 55 mph so wind chill is a big factor.
We hit some thermals and it was neat to fly above clouds as that just does not happen much on a paraglider.
Beautiful sunny day with some cloud streets.  Lucky we did this before the smoke rolled in....
Mark

Dirk Larson

Sep 15, 2017, 1:02:20 PM9/15/17
to Mark Sanzone, Cascade Paragliding Club, Ray Berger
That sounds really fun!

I know Nick Kedev, Dave Le, and some others had hour plus flights at Oceanside last weekend. I had the pleasure of watching while I wait for my surgery to heal. Not epic conditions but it was good to get in the coastal air again I’m sure.