Flying in Corryong- Doaraoma

Dan Wells

Jan 22, 2017, 11:26:18 PM1/22/17
to RVHPA, cp...@googlegroups.com, deserta...@googlegroups.com

No fly day due to winds so I have some time to post a report. My flying in Australia has been hit or miss.  The first flight in Manilla I logged my third longest flight with 130k open distance. After that it was downhill for a while. Very disappointed with my performance in Bright. Now we are in Corryong and the first task in this comp was lots of fun.  51 out of 80 gliders made goal in this task.

http://highcloud.net/xc/task_result.php?comPk=206&tasPk=946

It took the fastest EN B wing 2:38 to fly the course.  I took 3:06 and the slowest glider to make goal took 3:47.  The leader on a Zeno made it around the course in 1:58

Here is a comparison of  my flight the slowest Mentor 4 piloted by Cam along with another pilot flying the Nova Phantom (no name shown) who was the fastest.  I was able to keep up with the Phantom for a while but missed a climb and then the Phantom pulled away for good

http://doarama.com/view/1176732

It’s always a nice day when you make goal but even nicer when Mary Beth is there with a beer in the cooler. J

Cheers,

Dan

Dan Wells

Treasurer RVHPA